5 weeks ago....

Options
5 weeks ago today, I joined My Fitness Pal. A FB friend mentioned she was on here and so I decided to check it out. That first day, MFP told me that if I kept eating like that first day, I would weigh 172.7 --- I am thrilled that in the past 5 weeks, I have lost 20 pounds and I do indeed weigh 172 today. I am looking forward to what the next five weeks has in store for me.

:heart: :smile: :heart: :smile:

I am so happy!! And I've lost two pant sizes so far!

Replies

• laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    Thanks!
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You've lost 20 lbs. in 5 weeks? How did you do that? It's fantastic! Good for You!!
  • lpblah
    lpblah Posts: 28
    Options
    Wow! That's great! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, are you sticking to the 1200 cals MFP recommends a lot of people or are you eating a diff amount?
  • Happiness47
    Options
    Congrats, fr Happi
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    I've mainly been just following the caloric requirements that MFP set for me. But a while back I read a book called The Schwarzbein Principle written by an endocrinologist and so I try to eat the way she recommends as far as what I eat. I also started doing Teresa Tapp's exercise called T-Tapp. It's a 15 minute workout that uses targeted muscle activation to help get the metabolism working more correctly. I don't know, but it makes sense to me. And it seems to be working for me. So far.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    MFP has me at 1320 calories and that is what I am eating, but I do eat back my exercise calories too.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    Thanks again!!
  • lpblah
    lpblah Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I've recently upped my cals in the past few days and have been really pleased with my losses. I've been shocked when I step on the scale and it's gone down because eating more than 1200 cals feels weird to me.

Congrats again on your loss!
  • Salsgirl66
    Options
    I think this is the greatest diet I have ever been on. I lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks because I want to lose it slowly. But when I signed up it said 1 lb per week. So I am very happy and as you said , looking forward to the next 4 weeks to see what happens. It is not just a diet it is like a game.

Keep up the good work.
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats on the weight loss.. Keep going.. You are a motivation to all of us..
  • Red_Becca
    Red_Becca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!