Irritating Tendon...anyone have experience w/ this?

Options
staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
I'm not sure why this is, but when I do certain exercises (push-ups are a prime example), my tendon rubs over my right elbow and feels kind of like a "POP." It is irritating, but it only hurts if I overwork it. Does anyone have experience with this, know if there's anything that I can do to get it to stop? It's a weird thing that only bugs me when I'm working out.

Replies

• magoguy
    magoguy Posts: 1
    Options
    My left elbow does that. I found out that if I do a more tricep oriented pushup, it doesn't hurt as bad. I don't know if you do this but keep your elbows close to your sides (touching if you can). Not only does it make it much more difficult but it help me with the tendon flipping over the joint. Good luck
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know when I do certain workouts, I don't have a problem with it, but I haven't figured out exactly what works and what doesn't yet. What do you mean by "tricep oriented pushup?" Do you turn your hands in?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I dont have this on my elbow, but di have it in my shoulder. I adjust until I cant feel the pop. Usually a small degree of change will stop the pop!!

:flowerforyou: