About 75lbs to lose - Biggest Loser Comp?

Options
2»

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    we did something similar at my work. i figured i would share how we ran it... we didn't do total weight loss, as the women felt it was unfair since men lose quicker. we also thought it was easier for heavier people to lose than people who just had a smaller amount to lose. we all put in 20 bucks, and you paid 2 bucks for every pound you gained. if you lost 10 percent of your starting weight, you got the money. we had about 15 people and a few of us split a few hundred bucks. very motivating. good luck!
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining and can start on Monday :))
  • ldonnot
    ldonnot Posts: 4
    Options
    Count me in...
  • Theyda
    Theyda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in too! Sign me up!
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think this a great idea & am definately interested! Like the others, count me in & let me know the details when u have them!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this - there is a Biggest Loser group and even though you can join it, you cannot be an active participant because they already have their teams established. Whoever put it together looked like they really had it organized.....with teams and challenges.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm glad to see all the interest, and I'm hugely open to suggestions on how you guys would like it to be run.

I was originally thinking about it being an individual competition, but if there are enough people and teams are preferred, we can explore that too!

The BL competition I did at my work a year or two ago was an individual competition and was $20 to enter, with all the money going to the winner. Winning was established by the person who lost the highest percentage of body weight during the competition. I did not want to impose the monetary side as I can understand how some people might be apprehensive about chipping money in over the internet with people they don't "know", however if members are up for that, it could easily be done through Paypal.

Personally, I have a lot to lose and I think the easiest and most fair way to do things would be to hold a competition with people who are in similar positions. I don't, however, want anyone to feel left out, so if there are people who really want to join but have less to lose, we can try and figure out the best way to judge everything.

Keep the suggestions coming! :)
  • brandylina
    brandylina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm down
  • MexisMom
    Options
    I created a group called "Biggest Loser Spring Scorcher". Please join, weigh in, and post feedback!!

Enjoy your weekend, because we're gonna get down & dirty starting Monday!!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would love to as well!!!
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im interested count me in I think we should also have before and after pictures if we are going to do a cash prize. I prefer not to do the cash but would like to join. If there is a cash prize we should have pics so we all know who our money is going to with proof since we do not physically see each other. :happy:
  • MexisMom
    Options
    Bumping this up one more time as today is the start day. We've had a lot of people join and I'm really looking forward to this challenge!

As far as the money goes, I've decided we'll have a separate winner for those wanting to participate in the cash incentive. That way you don't have to put money in if you'd rather not, but you still have the opportunity to win some money if you would like to!
  • Cassyb25
    Cassyb25 Posts: 3
    Options
    I want in PLEASE! I am trying to loose about 75 pounds also.