Fluidity Ballet Bar / Work out

Options
2»

Replies

• rika90
    Options
    For those of you who are saying you've used it for a period of time. Im more interested to know how many inches you've lost or what results you've seen in what amount of time?

Thanks! :)
  • msbecky1968
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing the fluidity bar. I worked out in an extreme workout with a personal trainer for 16 months and lost 52 lbs but had to stop due to an old knee injury that started giving me problems when the trainer incorporated sprints, suicides and box jumps into the program. I have no problem with low impact, jogging, stretching & weight training.
    Is the fluidity bar a workout that I could do with my knee problem?
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing the fluidity bar. I worked out in an extreme workout with a personal trainer for 16 months and lost 52 lbs but had to stop due to an old knee injury that started giving me problems when the trainer incorporated sprints, suicides and box jumps into the program. I have no problem with low impact, jogging, stretching & weight training.
    Is the fluidity bar a workout that I could do with my knee problem?

This workout should be fine for you. There is basically no impact on your knees at all. There are squats and they use the bar for some stretches and if you don't have any issues there you should be good to go!
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    After reading everyone's replies, I think I will have to borrow my mom's Fluidity Bar and give it a try. :bigsmile:
  • debwood1
    debwood1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had my fluidity bar a few weeks now and find it to be of good solid construction. Some parts of the beginers workout seem easy however when attempting the sitting leg lifts with a straight back, I can't even get my feet off of the floor. I'll keep at it but would like to hear if anyone else had trouble with this exercise and if they were able to eventually get it.
  • debwood1
    Options
    I've been using the bar with patellar tendonitis and have had no trouble. It may even help a little.
  • I am considering purchasing the Fluidity Barre however, I am very weary of infomercials and definitely don't want to make a costly mistake. I, unfortunately, have rare health concerns that keep me from many traditional exercise routines but I am still in need of weight loss. I have been experiencing weight gain issues due to my medications and lack of activity, not to mention the recent onset of menopause. Is there anyone out there that sounds like "me" that can attest to this product and program? Feeling very frustrated!!
  • debwood1
    Options
    Everyone is different and I have made adjustments in the exercises (I cannot lie back due to vertigo and hug my knees sitting up rather than lying back). I have been using the fluidity bar for a few months now and can really feel a difference. If something hurts, I would say don't do it but doing some is better than doing nothing at all. I still cannot lift both feet with a flat back but they now can slide on the mat easily so that is progress. Also, between that and MyFitnessPal I have lost 20 pounds. I go for a walk or ride a stationary bike for 20 minutes on the other days. Good Luck!
  • texaslady1950
    Options
    I would really like to see ages on here. It's hard to compare with ones 20 yrs younger or older. I am 63 yrs young. :) I am normally fairly active, I have a very busy and stressful life (who doesn't) as I am in the taking care of parents phase of life...and have been looking for something that I could do - exercise-wise to get back into shape and to de-stress. I, too, am leery of infomercials but truly wanted to try this....and thought perhaps it would be the thing that would allow me to get back into better shape and stay there. Before Christmas I was doing fairly well, then Christmas (enough said) and an annoying and fairly lengthy illness kept me down. So lost flexibility/stamina and gained weight. I started on the bar today. Beginner. I, too, couldn't lift my legs up but kept trying. I have been having trouble with my rt knee for a couple of weeks but amazingly it didn't stop me from doing the exercises. In fact I was amazed that my body didn't hurt anywhere (I also have neck issues at times). I was able to integrate Intermediate a few times, with the Beginner, and I also had to do Pre-Beginner on others (yes, I know, that doesn't exist on the DVD, ha). But I finished and I did all of them....well definitely not like the women on the dvd but I am proud to say I did finish and it was a true workout! I was sweating, things were burning ... I knew I'd worked out. I do believe this is something I can do on a regular basis. I want to be a toned 60+, want to lose the 15-20 lbs I need to lose and want to regain my flexibility. I had that 3 months ago (somewhat) so it's not too far away. For cardio I am going to walk, do treadmill or rebounder. Note: When I called to order, I told them the three monthly payments were a bit much for me so they graciously spread them over a year. That was workable for me and appreciated. :) Will check back in at a later date! Blessings!
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • debwood1
    Options
    I think we're on the same page. I'm in my late 50's. Lost 20 pounds however, I still need to lose 73 but, I do what I can, mostly intermediate at this point except the flat back leg lifts which I still have trouble with. Anyway, I feel good when I do the workout. As With anything, some days I do better than others.
  • tfranks0412
    Options
    i bought fluidity after I had my 3rd child and lost weight and toned up pretty quickly (also watching my diet).....got slack and quick exercising after I lost all that weight. Now starting over. All that to say 1st time around the left lifting was very hard, almost impossible. Within a couple of weeks I was able to do them. This is my 2nd time around (about week 3) and this week is the first time I'm able to do them.