What's your motivation to keep working out?

Options
I can't decide whether I want to post my fat or skinny pics around the house as a reminder to keep working out or a random girl with looks great in a bikini... haha. My boyfriend thinks I am a creep for that.

How do you continue to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Take pictures of yourself every couple weeks and put them all up, side-by-side. When you see how hot you'll start looking, you'll want to keep it up!

But the main way I keep myself motivated is doing an exercise that I am passionate about and look forward to doing. :smile:
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi!

Normally I lack in motivation when it comes to working out, but my kids are my whole world and they are the reason behind my goals, they deserve a healthy Mommy :)
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Haha I actually have pictures of bikini girls everywhere.
    I also buy second hand clothes that are a size too small sometimes (never new clothes . . . too expensive) I managed to fit into a pair of jeans the other day and I was so stoked!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    1) I'm very stubborn. :)
    2) I want to be a good example to my kids; to show them that if you apply yourself you can really make a change. If I give up I'm not just letting myself down, I am letting them down too.
  • BrittRae12
    Options
    Take pictures of yourself every couple weeks and put them all up, side-by-side. When you see how hot you'll start looking, you'll want to keep it up!

But the main way I keep myself motivated is doing an exercise that I am passionate about and look forward to doing. :smile:

That's a good idea. I'm definitely going to do that! I'm going to make them extra big too haha.
  • BrittRae12
    Options
    I thought about doing that with new clothes, but I'm glad I didn't. I still have old clothes that I barely wore that I keep for when I lose weight. I should place them somewhere where I see them every day!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of peer pressure in my life with my job to stay fit.
    I also want to set an example for my parents and hopefully it will make them want to join me and get healthy.

but what gets me there when those won't work is my Ipod. Love my music and I update my playlist all the time. I buy itunes gift cards for 'rewards' for myself if I stay on track with my workouts so that gives me tons of motivation. It's win-win. :smile:
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Haha I actually have pictures of bikini girls everywhere.

As a guy, having pictures of bikini girls everywhere would certainly motivate ME. :bigsmile:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    my before pictures!

whenever i feel like i cant be bothered or having a bad food day
    ill look at them and feel better almost instantly!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My motivation to workout is that it helps me stay awesome.
  • BrittRae12
    Options
    I also want to set an example for my parents and hopefully it will make them want to join me and get healthy.

but what gets me there when those won't work is my Ipod. Love my music and I update my playlist all the time. I buy itunes gift cards for 'rewards' for myself if I stay on track with my workouts so that gives me tons of motivation. It's win-win. :smile:

That is smart! I love music too. I find that when ever I buy new music I over-play it, then when its time to work out it doesn't keep my attention :frown:
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Health first ( to see kids grow old) , Strength ( Pays the Bills--Fun Money)
    Looks last
  • BrittRae12
    Options
    my before pictures!

whenever i feel like i cant be bothered or having a bad food day
    ill look at them and feel better almost instantly!

I think I am going to print out pictures of myself from a few years ago as motivation. I can't believe I thought I was fat then. I'd love to have that body now haha
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I can eat more :D
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    My motivation is.... being in my bikini in Bali in May (and looking awesome for my friends wedding, there will be a lot of people there who haven't seen me for a long time!)

AND the big motivator is my wedding in september, i want to look amazing in my dress and not look back on my wedding photos with any regret that i could have tried harder!

as mentioned before, "before" pics are great! i was looking at some of mine the other thinking how did i get like that and how did i not see how bad i looked!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can eat more :D

^^^This...TOTALLY!:tongue:
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was told I couldn't do it.

I was back home in November and family members said to me "What happened to you? You used to be so slim."

That motivates me more than any picture. However, I did take pictures when I first stared and took pictures 8 weeks in to compare. I am going back home for a few days at the end of April so I will be taking pictures then too.
  • jenbison
    jenbison Posts: 38
    Options
    I like to do different workouts throughout the week. For example, Monday I will run on the treadmill then do strength training, Tuesday I do Zumba, Wednesday I walk 2-3 miles with my dogs, Thursday I do Zumba, Friday I do the Elliptical w/ strength training, and Saturday I either do Yoga or Piloxi. Keeps things interesting, I don't burn out, and most of the time I am enjoying my workouts! Good luck!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Not the jiggle of my booty but the WAVES from the FAT on my booty! I want to sit comfortably in an airplane seat. I want to see my little nieces and nephews have grandkids. I want to run a half marathon. I want the pain in my lower back not to be caused by my weight.

I want more and fat is not something I want more of EVER! So I stay focused and motivated by finding workouts I like and others that challenge me. I find instructors who encourage me but I also encourage myself to just a bit more each and every time. Write down why you want to lose weight and look at it EVERY DAY!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options

ok share some of your fav workout tunes . I love my ipod as well but haven't updated the workout playlist lately.