Who was YOUR motivation?

Options
When I first started losing weight, I was always in pain from the stress on my knees, always out of breath, and utterly depressed. I thought watching a lot of thinspo would help get me motivated, but that would end up making me feel like even more of a failure.

But then I found antishay on youtube, and went back and watched her ENTIRE journey. It took me a whole month to watch the whole thing. She became a big inspiration to me.

I started wondering tonight, what other people's inspirations were in the very beginning. Was it a person you knew? A pereson you found on the internet, like I found antishay? Rather curious. :smile:

ETA: p.s. most thinspo is not realistic, but i didn't know that then. FITspo is where it's at, baby!!!

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The entire fitblr community of Tumblr :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    The entire fitblr community of Tumblr :)

Amen to that!!! Love the fitblr-comm!!! :laugh:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My fat self. I mean, I'm still fat, but damn. That was a horrible time. Oh, and food. Food was a huge motivator when I realized that exercise = more food.

I'm the type of person who doesn't get motivation from others that often, although I did find some very motivational people on here. And, on the other hand, I don't motivate myself that well, either. Bad combination. But, food does the trick for me!
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation is the pictures of the "old" me. The me from before getting married and having a kid. I wasn't super skinny, but I looked great though then I never knew it. That's who I'm trying to get back to.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    This marathon chick who said I was too fat to run... lost 30 lbs in two months and crushed her in a race.... now it's Killagb who says I can't get a six pack... well I can already see it :) just gotta make it hard and big now!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This marathon chick who said I was too fat to run... lost 30 lbs in two months and crushed her in a race.... now it's Killagb who says I can't get a six pack... well I can already see it :) just gotta make it hard and big now!

Major win!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse in the coronary care unit, and I see all the time the end effects of people not giving a second thought about what they eat or exercise. And they seem to be getting younger and younger. My own Daddy died of a heart attack at age 55, but in the years before he died, he wasn't active and enjoying his life. He was not feeling well, battling high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and chest pain.

And then there are the black belts in my martial arts system who are in their 60s, who have been doing this for 40+ years, who move like lightening. While I'm gasping for breath, they are still pushing. And they are talking proudly about their grandchildren and places they take them and things they do together.
    (My own children have totally missed out on the grandparents thing. My remaining parent is in poor health, and my husband's parents are in poor health.)

I realized that RIGHT NOW, I'm writing my future. I'm deciding that I am going to be the kind of grandma who spends her money on spoiling grandchildren instead of on dozens of prescriptions and doctor visits. I'm going to be the kind of grandma who chases after toddlers at the zoo and who can get on the floor to play without worrying about getting back up!
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    my husband! when we met i was 112 lbs. at my high i was 170 lbs. we have been married 5 years and together 9 years. not once in 9 years did he ever make a comment or allude to my weight gain at all. he always made me feel beautiful and sexy and always supported me. i had a lightbulb moment and decided to lose weight. i have lost 34 lbs so far and i have 11 to go until i am at 125. i asked him " why didnt you ever like smack the fork out of my hand???" and he said he didnt even notice that i had gained weight. that he saw me the same way when i was heavy as he saw me when i was thin and as he sees me now. he is my rock and so supportive that i want to be sexy and thin and most of all HEALTHY for him.
  • lmusick503
    Options
    I am my own motivation, having seen what my weight was at the doctors office was enough to motivate me, so far so good, haven't cheated on my diet and i'm working out 2 hours everyday, my workout changes daily so my body doesn't get used to the same routine
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options

Holy crud!!! You showed her!!! XD
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    my husband! when we met i was 112 lbs. at my high i was 170 lbs. we have been married 5 years and together 9 years. not once in 9 years did he ever make a comment or allude to my weight gain at all. he always made me feel beautiful and sexy and always supported me. i had a lightbulb moment and decided to lose weight. i have lost 34 lbs so far and i have 11 to go until i am at 125. i asked him " why didnt you ever like smack the fork out of my hand???" and he said he didnt even notice that i had gained weight. that he saw me the same way when i was heavy as he saw me when i was thin and as he sees me now. he is my rock and so supportive that i want to be sexy and thin and most of all HEALTHY for him.

I... I just... Love this story... :sad: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • weathergirl320
    Options

I... I just... Love this story... :sad: :heart: :heart: :heart:

hehe thanks i love it too ;) we have a bit of a modern day romance. we met when i was 14! we are still together and just as happy as day 1. we are both very lucky and appreciative to have what we share. thanks for the support! good luck on your journey!
  • kELELA2012
    kELELA2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My sister....she has always been my inspiration for everything I have ever done. She showed this to me 10 days ago and I have already noticed a difference. She is my greatest inspiration and the best little big sister. I am so blessed to have her.