Hello, my name is Brea and I'm here to improve.

Options
I've been heavy my whole life or at least as far back as I remember and my weight has caused social anxiety. I am here to branch out and lose weight; it would be great if I had someone to relate to along the journey. Thanks! C:

Replies

• Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Brea and good luck on your journey! I've always been overweight as far as I can remember and it's definitely taken a toll on how I interact with people. Feel free to add me!
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello Brea and welcome! Feel free to add me if you like. I have a very long journey ahead to shed many, many pounds and would love some company..lol. Anyone else feel free to add me also:) I to have struggled all my life, and has affected my social behaviors for sure!
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can relate to all of you. Weight has been something I have dealt with for as long as I can remember. There have been times I have shed a great deal, only to stop doing what worked & gain it all back. When I started here a wk ago I was 260 lbs. My first weigh in was today & I shed nearly 4 of it already & over 3 inches. My goal is 145 (at the high spectrum for my weight, but feels comfy for a start). Being heavy really has taken a toll not only mentally & emotionally, but physically as well. I am now 35 with high blood pressure & "not just teetering but about to fall over"...as my dr puts it...on my blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family &has always been a concern for me. But it didn't matter that I was careful with my sugar for so long because I was still packing the weight (and adding to it). To top that off I have hypothyroid that I will always have to take pills for. But this past wk has been great motivation & just goes to show, just because u may have something not functioning in ur body that makes u gain weight...doesn't mean u can't fight a hell of a fight :). So if I can do it, so can u! Anyone here is free to add me if they like! Always looking to give & receive support & motivation :)