chest exercises for a 123, 5'4 woman? (my boobs have shrunke

Options
Hey all, I've lost the bulk of my weight just through diet and walking/jogging, but now I really need to start building muscle!

I'm becoming skinny-fat, and my boobs have deflated from a 34dd to...well I haven't checked yet but they're at least a d now, and well, not sagging but not as full and perky as before :/ Though it's better than them being enourmous and uncomfortable when I was overweight....

I need to start doing pushups, crunches, ect., but any other suggestions, perhaps from women who know what i'm dealing with? Even though i'm down to 123, my stomach has a pad of fat under my boobs, as well as it's chubby still. I know stomach exercises will not target this, I just want to strengthen my muscles.

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sent you a message!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    If you are skinny fat then you havent been dieting correctly.
    How many cals are you eating?
    How often are you working out?
    Whats your Body fat %?
    5'4" 123lbs....i'll do some quick math....

Basic numbers...

BMR 1315
    TDEE 2038

To lose fat set MFP to 1800 daily.
    Protein and Fat 30% each.

Perfect weight by age and height....128lbs.

Suggesting zig zag dieting.

3 days a week, the heavy lifting or workout days, eat 2500 calories to promote lean mass building.
    You dont need to lose weight, just fat!

This will net you appx .12lb gained per week in lean mass.
    Pushups, chin ups and squats if you dont have a gym membership.
    Or buy some cheap weights up to 40lbs each and start lifting!

Cardio will help with fat loss but you really need to start lifting weights ASAP!
    Check out www.nerdfitness.com www.scobbysworkshop.com www.bodybuilding.com for information on lifting!

PM me if you have any questions.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Sent you a message!

GAH you beat me to her!!!!!
    Hugs MPC!
  • marypatmccue
    Options
    Sent you a message!

Hugs MPC!

I AM A BELIEVER, DAN!!! I love to eat, and you've helped me lots :-) I'm not gonna be a skinny fat chick this summer -- I'm bringing it back, with a 6 pack!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Sent you a message!

Hugs MPC!

I AM A BELIEVER, DAN!!! I love to eat, and you've helped me lots :-) I'm not gonna be a skinny fat chick this summer -- I'm bringing it back, with a 6 pack!

You look amazing BTW! The program i'm on has me gaining for 2 months so im a bit frightened but I know its minimal fat but good lean gains.
    I'm excited now because I have so much more info than my first bulk...that went really bad!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If you are skinny fat then you havent been dieting correctly.
    How many cals are you eating?
    How often are you working out?
    Whats your Body fat %?
    5'4" 123lbs....i'll do some quick math....

Basic numbers...

BMR 1315
    TDEE 2038

To lose fat set MFP to 1800 daily.
    Protein and Fat 30% each.

Perfect weight by age and height....128lbs.

Suggesting zig zag dieting.

3 days a week, the heavy lifting or workout days, eat 2500 calories to promote lean mass building.
    You dont need to lose weight, just fat!

This will net you appx .12lb gained per week in lean mass.
    Pushups, chin ups and squats if you dont have a gym membership.
    Or buy some cheap weights up to 40lbs each and start lifting!

Cardio will help with fat loss but you really need to start lifting weights ASAP!
    Check out www.nerdfitness.com www.scobbysworkshop.com www.bodybuilding.com for information on lifting!

PM me if you have any questions.

I eat around 1200-1400 a day, I walk 4-10 miles a day, depending, with some jogging 2-3 days a week for about 40 minutes a day. I don't know my body fat percentage :/

Well 128 seems a bit high for me, and I have no idea how to eat 1800 a day, it's hard enough getting to 1200 :/ Exercise seems solid
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want Dan to tutor me. Holy wow. Too bad he isn't accepting friend requests.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Pushups are supposed to be good for firming up the muscle beneath, but they wouldn't make your boobs larger.

I'm glad that I lose some off my boobs when I lose weight. I want them smaller.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

If you ask nicely....
    ;D
  • marypatmccue
    Options

He is pretty amazing, and has helped me TONS in the last 2 months! I :love: Dan!
  • marypatmccue
    Options
    Sent you a message!

Hugs MPC!

You look amazing BTW! The program i'm on has me gaining for 2 months so im a bit frightened but I know its minimal fat but good lean gains.
    I'm excited now because I have so much more info than my first bulk...that went really bad!

Thanks Dan!!! I'm eating, too :-) SO MUCH HAPPIER -- but I'm bustin' my tail!
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dan, can we please please please be friends? I promise I'll be good!

And I'll definitely take your advice to heart!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Options
    Pushups are supposed to be good for firming up the muscle beneath, but they wouldn't make your boobs larger.

I know they won't make them bigger, I want more support since they've gotten smaller.
  • Midnightbee
    Options
    Just don't forget to strengthen your back muscles at the same time, your body needs to be balanced. Plus, back exercises improve your posture which also helps.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I know they won't make them bigger, I want more support since they've gotten smaller.

Pushups help that. I'm also looking for other simple exercises I can do in that regard.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Strength training is key! Basic compound movements burn the most fat and build strength. Unfortunately boobies are made of fatty tissue.. losing weight can create a small chest. (yet firmer underneath)

That being said... push-ups, chest press (incline, decline, flat) can build the underlying muscle and create an illusion of a larger chest.]

If you have a desk job you can develop a tighter chest and a relaxed back. Strengthen your back muscles to balance out that office 'hunch'. Posture helps a lot!
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I want Dan to tutor me as well! Wow. That's awesome Dan.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Well 128 seems a bit high for me, and I have no idea how to eat 1800 a day, it's hard enough getting to 1200 :/ Exercise seems solid

I hear this alot. And the prefect weight is within a range.
    The problem is if your lean mass is low and fat is high, being on a cut could actually make you look sick!
    Sometimes adding lean mass more than losing fat will help fill things out more.
    For instance, if I lost anymore weight I would probably look gaunt and sick.
    So for 2 months I have to eat well above TDEE to gain lean mass.
    If I play it smart and walk 3 miles 2 times a week and lift heavy 3 days a week I may actually lose fat while gaining lean mass.

MPC and I are a part of a high calorie group called Fuel the Machine.
    Its based around a lifestyle of eating right in the first place, then creating a deficit through working out.
    MFP has the opposite approach, low calories and you MUST workout to eat properly.
    What happens if you have a flat tire and cant get to the gym that day?
    1200 cals?
    Skinny fat?
    Hormonal issues?

I bet if you looked at any of my teams diaries and saw what they could eat in a day you wouldnt have issues choosing food!
    =D
    These are people from all walks of life.
    Big, small, tall, short.
    Some have diabetes and hyperthyroidism.
    All eat right, sleep right and lose weight.
    Some of us are building muscle for the summer time.
    All of us support each other.

Do the link on my profile and see for yourself how much you should eat daily and maybe youll hop on over.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Options
    Just don't forget to strengthen your back muscles at the same time, your body needs to be balanced. Plus, back exercises improve your posture which also helps.

I've read a bit on this, what are good back exercises for a beginner?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I've read a bit on this, what are good back exercises for a beginner?

One arm rows, lat pull downs, back rows, supermans.. i have come to love training my back - I feel so much better all over!