sorry but 3 month plateau help please

Options
2»

Replies

• Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Marty,

You have a really great food budget and you could do excellent things with that amount!

Buying your dogs food in 20kg bags ordered into a local pet shop is cheaper than buying small bags and with a big dog like yours they wong be hanging around too long, same with the cat bigger bags = cheaper per gram. Also feeding your dog any food leftovers that arent fit to put in a tub for next days lunch is a great way to feed them too as long as its not too sugary or salty and giving the cat any meat leftovers.

As you have 4 people you have the advantage of being able to buy and use bigger packs before food goes off. Not putting fruitshoots, prepared fruits (even boxes of raisins), crisps, biscuits etc in your kids lunch boxes saves money , buying a big bag of raisins and putting a portion in a freezer bag is much cheaper, making your own dairylea dunkers with mini breadsticks and cheese spread is cheaper, Theres loads of ways to reduce costs and on your budget you should be able to eat great!

Frozen food shops (heron, farmfoods, fulton foods) are super cheap and things can be half the price of the supermarket, veg markets can be cheaper ( I get a bag with a cabbage, cauli, carrots, potato, swede, parsnips enough for me for a week for #1.50!). Going to your supermarket a few hours before closing can mean you get some real yellow sticker bargains! I dont eat meat but I found 500g packs of lean mice for 30p each so I bought 10 for my mother!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've found for me (being over 40) that I need more protein and less carbs to lose (wasn't this way when I was younger). See if you can match up your protein and carbs more evenly. You eat about 178 grams of carbs to only 63 grams of protein. You will feel more full as well.
  • lenaa50
    lenaa50 Posts: 34
    Options
    Im 57 and am not an exp17.8 pound total weight loss from 1/14 - 3/18. I'll start RPOA #3 this week. Thank you!!!ert on weight loss but i can tell you whats been working for me. I have been weighing myself every morning since January 14, 2012. I found my weight plateaus - hanging around the same weight for 3-4 days then it drops. Interesting thing is i seem to lose most of my weight during my sleep. Try not to be discouraged. Your body is telling you to adjust your daily foods and the frequency your eating them. Food is fuel so don't stop eating or go without for long periods of time. Keep your foods healthy and simple. I eat 1 serving regular oats with a scoop of protein powder every morning to kick start my metabolism for the day. I don't eat wheats or sugars and almost no dairy. I eat 8 oz of lean meats daily. I drink protein shakes and eat greens and veggies everydays. I eat every 3 hours or so and eat when im NOT hungry. If I wait til I'm hungry I've waited too long. We always hear "are you hungry"? But you don't have to be hungry to eat. Just keep putting the fuel (foods) into your body before your tank runs dry or you'll tend to overeat because of hunger. Never give up. It's your time to take care of you! Exercise is important but the way you nourish your body is the most important .. The fuel. Get enough sleep and drink your water too. Good luck and don't give up! You can do this!!
  • lenaa50
    lenaa50 Posts: 34
    Options
    what a great inspiration you are.
    I am 50 and had the same problem.
    I have also cut out all starches/carbs and dairy and feel so much better in myself. I feel less tired and less lethagic and appear to have more energy.
    WTG
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I should add that budget isn't just for food but for all the household groceries like wash powder, loo roll, cleaners, toiletries etc etc

I buy bulk when I can but I also don't drive so go to the supermarket when my mum goes so grab what offers I can.

martyx
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I should add that budget isn't just for food but for all the household groceries like wash powder, loo roll, cleaners, toiletries etc etc

I buy bulk when I can but I also don't drive so go to the supermarket when my mum goes so grab what offers I can.

martyx

I don't know how you do it hun! There's only 2 of us (plus the dog and the chooks) and I struggle to get all our weekly shopping under £80!
    Px
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    First, It looks like your calorie counting is off a bit. About 20% Here is a tip. If you are the only one who eats it. and you estimated do this: the bag of Low Carb Banana crisp says 230 for the whole bag but you eat it in three servings, make sure you logged those to equal 230. "They are good on a salad for crunch"

Second, You need to swap out most of your white starch carbs for Protein. that simple you will find that the Calories will be similar.

Third, use the Protein you are going to be ingesting by using a bit more weight at the gym. IF you don't want to lift try setting the elliptical on a high resistance high step then go at a slow steady pace.

Make sure you use the gym knowledge, the folks are there to help too. they may suggest a group time to come in or have a partner list that will help you stay on track.

good luck we know you WILL do it.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options

martyx

If you can get a trip to aldi their washing powders/liquids work out as half the price of tesco even with the offers for example. Less than 10p per wash for either a bio or non bio. Again all their cleaners are brilliant and win awards but are half the price, toiletries win awards again and are dirt cheap, their loo roll isnt great though. If you dont have an aldi a lidl is about the same.

If you dont drive take a backpack and speed walk (if its within an hours walk or so) then walk as fast as you can on the way back and by carrying weight on the way back you will burn even more calories. Thats assuming you have the time and a store close though can be tricky without driving :-) thats what I do to get to my aldi its an hours walk up the road and I carry my shopping back , though I have a car in nice weather id rather do the walk and the shopping and kill two birds withone stone. Not having a car isnt all bad as they cost a fortune to run mines about #200 a month including insurance and fuel and thast without paying for a car on finance on top!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, its good so it has to be your work out. I have found weight training along with cardio is a must. Try adding weights to your routine and extending how much you do to at LEAST a hour between both exercises. For every pound of muscle you gain you burn an extra 50-100 calories a day. I found that to be the key to maintain long term weight loss. If I have a bad week, 90% of the time I don't gain anything back because my metabolism has increased and I am "balanced".

I'd do at least 30 mins to an hour weight training and 30 cardio. :)
    Just sayin
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    gentle bump thanks

martyx