Lacking something in my diet!

Options
I am just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this..

All my life I've never had a sweet tooth, even through my first 7-8 months on mfp when I lost about 50 lbs I didn't crave chocolate or cakes etc.

Recently, in the past couple of months I seem to have developed a sweet tooth, in the past week I've had something bad almost everyday, going way over my recomended sugar/fat intake.

I was just wondering if there is something I am lacking in my diet that is causing these cravings?!

I always go over my sugars anyway with fruit so its not like I'm cutting out sugar completely.

Replies

• jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    anyone else?!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Try swapping the naughty sweet thing for something less naughty....like some fruit? Or a smaller snack size chocolate or some low calorie jelly or caramel snack a jacks?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Various minerals are involved in the sugar process: chromium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vanadium. People are often recommended to suck magnesium capsules to prevent sugar cravings.

As your craving is new, however, it's more likely that it's your body's response to fewer calories. Check your goals are correct and you're eating your exercise calories. You're very slim already, so don't restrict too much. I see from your profile you're looking to strength train - now would be a great time to start, you can eat more protein and overall calories and lose inches without losing pounds.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    as long as your still within your calorie goal for the day / week I say go for it. I love ice cream, so at the end of every day if my macros ( protein, fats and carbs ) are met and I have some calories left, I have a serving or four ( depending on the calories I have left ) of ice cream.