Breaking out?

Options
casey34472
casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
For the last month I'm having a really bad problem with zits. Could it be the food I eat? I've been eating out a lot more. I use all kind of stuff for zits and it doesn't help. I'm 27 and I haven't seen this bad of a breakout since I was a teen. :sad:

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    It could be a lot of things. Are you stressed out? Have you tried washing your face with a facewash made for acne? Could be the eating out, too.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Is there a possibility you're pregnant? New birth control hormones? Because I broke out like crazy the whole time I was pregnant and then again when I started back my birth control. I notice when I eat a lot of crap and don't drink enough water that my body protests and starts breaking out then, too. There's always a dermatologist if you can't figure it out! Good luck!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I know 100% that I'm not pregnant. I guess stress could be it but I've been more stressed out than this before. I don't know. I guess I have to sit down and really think what has changed in the last month to do this to me.:huh:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There could be so many reasons for a break out. Stress, food, hormones. I know that right now the weather is changing. This can have a huge affect on your skin. If you live in a dry climate that is heating up and your not drinking enough water your skin will react by overproducing oil to increase skin moisture (which can cause a breakout). In Utah that is one of the biggest skin problems and people try to recover by adding moisture to the skin but not internaly and it will only temp. help. Drink lots and lots of water. Push the toxins out. Exfoliate as needed. Give your body time it will recover. Also dont pick it can spread bacteria from the zit to other pores in the face and cause and even worse break out! I hope this helps Im an Esthetician so if you have questions just email me.

Good Luck
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Heavy sweating can cause breakouts. I never had breakouts before, then opened a fitness studio, exercise like a demon, the sweat clogs pores, don't know if exercise is the problem for you, but my doc recommended washing with spectro jel, and the stuff works miracles for me.