Wii Fit...

Options
skwhatley
skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
I have a Wii which I love! I usually play for hours even after my regular workout, but I've been thinking hard about getting a Wii Fit and my only question is...Is it worth it? Does it actually work you out? Do you feel like you're working out? Okay so I had like three questions but I just want opinions on if its worth the buy or not. Thanks

-Sarah

Replies

• prinzess44
    prinzess44 Posts: 31
    Options
    I bought the Wii fit for My daughter has a Birthday gift she and I love it. Yes it does give you a work out we use it about 4 times week if not more if she or I have friends over. We even try to have a Wii fit night with our family so we all get a workout and have fun at the sametime.
  • einsteinkitty
    Options
    I'm not sure it's as effective as a jog or other type of cardio workout, but it's great in terms of yoga stretches, push-ups etc., and just super-enjoyable light exercise. I use mine when everyone else has gone to bed and it's too dark to jog outdoors. It's well worth the cost, as far as I'm concerned, especially when a regular game is 40 to 50 dollars and this is under 90 at many stores.
  • HealthyIn09
    HealthyIn09 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've had a wii fit for about a month now and i LOVE it. I've lost about 5 pounds and have gained so much more understanding on how to do exercises properly. I have had sore abs and arms as well so I know that something's working right! haha. If you love doing the wii already I would definitely think about a wii fit.

If you're not committed yet to spending the money on the board, there's also another game coming out on Tuesday by EA Games called EA Sports Active. It is not required to use the board, but if you have it will enhance the activities.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit, but I don't like that it wants me to weigh myself daily. I also wish there was a way to not have much downtime between exercises (particularly the yoga, and strength exercises)

I am excited to see how the new game coming out next week does (EA Sports Active) This game is less expensive than the Wii Fit game and board, and is suppose to be a really good workout. I think I am going to get it for my birthday next month.
  • alligator1970
    Options
    I agree with Healthyin09. I love mine and it did teach me how to do alot of the yoga and strength. I struggled with how to do those and really wanted to learn. I have used it since Christmas and have lost about 14 pounds give or take. If you stick with it really works. I really wanted to work on slimming my waist and stomach and the ones that specifically work on those areas has worked well...go for it...now I am struggling to get off my last 10 pounds. Slow going. But maybe I am at my happy weight. I am at my healthy weight just like to be a little slimmer and with me almost close to 40 i want to keep it all off..
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I find it a lot of fun. It is great for learning about posture and sense of balance. I wouldn't suggest it as a standalone workout. It would get boring really fast for that. I just do it as a fun activity with my family and one of the most accurate scales you will own. It is great if you do a lot of at home exercises for teaching you how to do them correctly.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I've had a wii fit for about a month now and i LOVE it. I've lost about 5 pounds and have gained so much more understanding on how to do exercises properly. I have had sore abs and arms as well so I know that something's working right! haha. If you love doing the wii already I would definitely think about a wii fit.

If you're not committed yet to spending the money on the board, there's also another game coming out on Tuesday by EA Games called EA Sports Active. It is not required to use the board, but if you have it will enhance the activities.

Another one that is good to do without the board is "Yourself Fitness". It allows you to customize based on ability level and adjust workouts based on your goals. It's like having an interactive workout video that you customize.
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    Luv Luv Luv Mine. I would get rid of hubby before my Wii Fit. :glasses: Great workout
  • happyplace
    happyplace Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii Fit...I have an HRM and I can actually burn quite a few calories depending on the activity. I like to incorporate it along with my other routines. Definately worth the money in my opinion. :smile:
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i have a wii fit and love it!! ive lost 4 pds in the last 11 days just from that
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    i've only had mine for about a week but I love it!! If you are not sure about the fit board yet, just get the Gold's Gym cardio workout. It really burns a lot of cals and you just need the remote and nunchuck. For about 45 min, i burn about 400 cals. since i like boxing, it is fun and it doesn't really feel like a workout.

On the wii fit, I enjoy the jogging. You are running in place, but you feel like you are moving because the scenery on the screen changes. I wear my HRM while i am doing it and I am usually able to get up to like 155. I also get up really high during the hula hoop like 150-160. The step aerobics part i only get up to about 130.
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Y'all have definitely given me some awesome options. I'll keep you updated in what I decide to get. Thanks again!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i burned out on mine. should reintroduce it again. i use the "my fitness coach" it is great, don't need the fit for it. you can select what you have example: weights, ball, step, HR and she adjusts your workout to what you have and the length of time you want and the days you want. i use the 45 min with weights, step, HR and burn about 400-500. you have to work it to make it work for you. daughter has the gold gym she likes it, i haven't tried it.

good luck