Help and Suggestions PLEASE!!!!

Options
Hello All, I have been on MFP for about a month now and Ive lost 6 lbs. I think this is ideal? :ohwell: Is it? Here is a little about what I have been doing. ALL comments and help are welcome.

Typical Breakfast:
Half Bagel
Half Muffin
Smart Ones breakfast
Yogurt Parfait (homemade)
Special K Cereal
Turkey Bacon or Sausage w/ Scrambled Egg (2% cheese)

Typical Lunch:
Smart Ones Mean (90% of the time)
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Salad

Typical Dinner
Lean Meat, starch, and a vegetable (Dinner varies alot)

NOW, for excersize, I dont have much time at all to excersize and wont until late april.

Mondays: Aerobics class (60 min)
Tuesday: Walking 18 flights of stairs up and down (3x)
Wednesday: Repeat Tuesday
Thursday: Repeat Tuesday
Friday: Kick Boxing
Sat: light cleaning and playing with my daughter (not much)
Sun: Day off.

I have class Tue-Thursday at night and work during the day so I dont have the time I want to excersize and I think that is why I am not seeing the loss that I want.

Please provide any advice willing! Im not sure if im on the right track or not but Ive expected more of a weight loss.

(P.S. I will open my diary now, so you guys can see some of the things I eat)

ALSO, what is my net calories? Im not sure what this number should be? Its ALWAYS under 1200. Is that a good or bad thing?

Replies

• brittnicoledav
    Options
    My advise would be cut out the bagel and replace it with a whole grain english muffin, way better for you.. bagel are filled with carbs and calories! and try to replace the frozen dinners most days(once in a while they are ok), they have tons of preservative and sodium which can cause major water retention. Also, you may want to add some strength exercises to your workouts, muscle raises your metabolism and helps your body burn more calories!

Also, instead of meals a day, try to split it into 5-6 little meals, still staying below your daily limit. But don't go below the daily limit by too much, this will put your body into starvation mode and cause your body to hold onto whatever food it gets.

I'm am busy as well, as i work 8:30-4:30 and have night classes from 6:30 to 8:30. I workout in the morning on monday, wednesday and friday, and go for a 30 minute run or so on tuesdays and thursdays, and do more on the weekends. exercise is key to weight loss you just try to squeeze in at lease 20 mins a day.

Good luck and when you feel down think of why you started! and 6 pounds is nothing to be ashamed of, good work and keep it up! :)
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I do tend to go under my calorie limit especially when I burn alot of calories. I noticed on your profile that your paralegal! So am I!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    6 pounds a month is plenty. Just keep doing what you're doing.