Asparagus rubber band and other weird things we use to "tail

KacieHetrick
KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
This morning as in every morning since I started this weight loss journey it was a little tough to get dressed...I lose as much as a pant size some months so purchasing new clothing that fits would prove to be VERY expensive and wasteful. What is the weirdest item you used to "tailor" your clothes with when you were either running short on time or realizing that you were losing your pants while out and about? This could be interesting!

This morning I grabbed a rubber band that was around asparagus to gather the side of the waist of my pants and make them fit a little tighter so I wouldn't lose them! LOL

What is your interesting way of keeping your pants up? :)

Replies

• brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    That is hilarious, I have done the same thing. Good job, you look great!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I had to use a paperclip to do the same thing once.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    I pleated a skirt to make it fit :P haha

this was when i lost weight last year!
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    LMHO !!!! I have tried zip ties... It works !! Don't laugh.
  • KacieHetrick
    I tried a binder clip at the office once day but it didn't stay! LOL
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Um safety pins...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I use a belt.
  • When I SPLIT a skit once I taped both sides on the inside and stamped it back together LOL
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Belly bands (in the maternity section...) they help hide the open buttons of pants on pregnant ladies.. but also help hold up pants that are too big without making them look all bunched up :)
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    At times when I was too big for my pants, I made cuts in the waist at each side.

When things were too big, I would use my stapler. Sucks when you get a point of a staple in your hip though!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    I have two pairs of pants that the hem came down on. I used staples to "sew" is back in place.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    staple your pants!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I always wear a stretchy cotton cami-tank under my shirts. I buy them fairly tight so when they are over my pants, they hold them in place a bit!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I use a tailor.
    -wtk
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    I currently have on a $95 gun belt that I had to DRILL a new hole in.

For those of you unfamiliar with such things, A real high quality gun belt is very thick stiff leather, and does not twist..
    I have gone from the largest hole on it to having the smallest hole loose, but since today im wearing newish pants that ALMOST fit (they're a little too big now) theres less material folded together around the waist.... being thick tough leather, I literally had to use a drill bit to make the hole for it to hold my pants up.

Im looking forward to getting my new belt made, but I hate how I need to break it in again.. they take over a month of everyday wear before they break-in to fit around you perfectly...
  • KacieHetrick
    I use a tailor.
    -wtk

What a novel idea! But I'm looking for WEIRD here buddy! :) I will go home tonight and take them in but didn't have time for it this a.m!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    It isn't to weird, but it's one of the only As Seen On Tv products I've bought

perfect-fit-button.jpg

You can but the button where ever to make your pants fit, I've used it to keep pants that are an extra size or two bigger before I give them away. Get as much use out of the pants as I can.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I use a belt.

I use my sewing machine.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    This thread is hilarious!

I finally had to go buy new pants, but for awhile I was using safety pins in all of the waist bands of my work pants! For my too-big jeans I just wear a belt - that I've now had to put TWO new holes in with a pocket knife! ;)

My friend is planning a big yard sale next month and I've got a HUGE bag of too big clothes for her to sell for me! Yay!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    I use my sewing machine.

This too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!