Before Pics :'(

Options
I took my before pics this morning and looking at them actually made me want to cry :'( I look horrendous!!! I'm a UK size 12 but as I am only 5ft 3 it is just horrible. I started the 30 Day Shred this morning, I REALLY hope this works! Am also doing workouts on the WII along with Zumba and resistance! Any motivation welcome! Jen x

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is take a before picture. It's the best motivation for when you are on your journey. In a month you can take another and look for yourself and see the difference your 30 day shred has done. Good luck on your journey. you will become a strong, motivated lady!!!
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the same feeling when I looked at my before pictures. My boyfriend wouldn't let me look at them until I was a month into my training and could see a difference. I'm about a month and a half into p90x, and I'll tell you that this is a slow process (I started at 202, 5"6) but I already see a difference.

I have absolutely no patience, but my mom offered me good advice: "it took a long time for you to put this weight on, and it may take a long time to come off".

Keep your head up and work hard - that's what I'm doing!
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Put those pictures on your fridge (but you can take them down when company comes over) and every time you think of cheating you will see those pics and stop yourself. Great motivation.
    With the support you get from this site I know you will do great and look great in no time.
  • riverabeth
    riverabeth Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Seeing all the success stories w/ pic. on here made me want to take some "before" pictures for myself, just so I have something to compare to as I progress. I DID cry! All I could think is "this is really how I look!?! And this is after already losing my first 11 pounds!?" Hopefully others felt this way in the beginning. Someday I do hope to look at them & be proud of how far I've come!!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The hardest part of the weight loss journey is the first part - taking that first step towards actually doing something about your weight. And you've done that, so it's all downhill from here (in a good way!)!

Don't look at the scales too often, keep up your exercise and stay within your MFP calorie goals and the weight will come off. Don't get frustrated if it's only a half a pound or a pound or two a week, slow weight loss is easier to sustain for a longer period.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice - Don't focus on the scale. Especially with the 30 DS ( I am doing it too...) , Take your measurements. Neck, Bust line, Waistline, Hips, Thighs, and Arms. I am 25 days in, and I have only lost a few pounds - but I have lost 4 INCHES around my waist! And remember, with doing strength training, you are building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat...

You can do this!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take your measurements!!!!! Especially if you are doing 30DS!! Most times you will not lose much weight with 30DS BUT the inches will come off....Dont let the lack of scale movement derail your progress!!! :o) Good luck!!! Just keep those pictures in the back of your mind as motivation! You got this!!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Don't HOPE it works - MAKE it work.

it's a lifestyle change - isn't it about living healthier, and having a better life?

there's no perfect size or perfect body - even those we think have perfect bodies have body hang ups.....
  • lolita07
    lolita07 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't worry, we're all in this toguether!! Do a lot of exercise and eat well!!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options

it's a lifestyle change - isn't it about living healthier, and having a better life?

there's no perfect size or perfect body - even those we think have perfect bodies have body hang ups.....

We need a "LIKE" button! :happy:
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    We've all been there and you CAN change!
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart we have all had those moments...I started at 5'1" and 230lbs! It is a lifestyle change and journey...just stay dedicated! And in time you will be able to look back at those pictures and know that that is who you WERE and not who you ARE! Make it the last time you look that way:flowerforyou: We are all here for you!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Well said! Love your stats, very inspirational!
  • cgcotten
    cgcotten Posts: 51
    Options
    My daughter used the 30 Day Shred and had tremendous success with it. Good luck to you!!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Let that be your motivation. The 30DS really does work! Stay committed to it. I lost 7 lbs but over 10 inches on it. Its awesome. I would also suggest taking measurements you would be surprised how many inches you lose.

Good Luck on your journey.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the P90X as well, I've seen a difference especially in my arms. Keep it up!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I took some before pic as well (http://toneandgroan.wordpress.com/the-beginning-readers-get-ready-to-flinch/) and thought the same thing last month.

Previously, last summer, I did the 30 Day Shred (then got off track for a number of reasons). One thing to keep in mind, THE SCALE ISN"T EVERYTHING!! Take your measurements and take progress pictures afterwords. You are changing your muscle definition, which doesn't always agree with the 'scale', but looks great on your figure.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Just think your "before" pics are going to be just that- before! With hard work, exercising and eating well, you will never again have to take before pics!! Let them motivate you and push you to becoming a healthier version of you!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Put those pictures on your fridge (but you can take them down when company comes over) and every time you think of cheating you will see those pics and stop yourself. Great motivation.
    With the support you get from this site I know you will do great and look great in no time.

I did something similar to that. I put pics of myself in my bikini before I had kids (when I was a size 2 and 120lbs) on the inside of the pantry where all the snacks are. It is great motivation!!!! I am now down to a 6 and 128lbs, hey having kids change your hips so goodbye size 2. BUt they were worth it and I still feel great!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Agreed, with doing the Shred you should use a tape measure to measure your progress. On my check in on monday i'd put 1lb on but lost inches :) good luck!