TEACHERS! I need help prepping for an interview!

Options
I just got a call for an interview for tomorrow (3/22/12) at 7:30. It is my current dream job 6th grade Language Arts in a great district. i have been teaching 4th grade in a urban low SES district for 4 years. My initial interview out of college was way too easy. It was conversational and lasted about 30 min. What should a expect from a more prestigious district in a formal interview. Also, there is a written section. Any idea on what that will be like? Any prep advice would be helpful!

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teacher and can't tell you exactly what to expect on that interview, but my best recommendation is to be witty, charming, well-dressed, and wear nice shoes. Don't be afraid to ask for time to answer a question. The best answers are the candid ones, whether they come out naturally with little-to-no thought or if you take a few seconds to collect your thoughts and words.

I've been asked some strange questions on job interviews and have given, I think, some pretty phenomenal answers. My favorite to a fairly common question was as follows:
    "What is a weakness that you'd look to improve upon working with us?"
    "Golf. I'm a horrible golfer so I won't help you win over any clients on the golf course. I don't have a very natural swing as I've played baseball my whole life. But I love golfing and so I'd like to spend as much time on the greens representing [your company] as possible."

Good luck.
    -wtk
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump