Whats the best calorie burning workout?

Options
Hi guys.. I am getting bored of the, situps, pressups, leg lifts, cycling etc... Does anyone have any good calorie burning exercises they could share with me? They would be greatly appreciated!
:flowerforyou: x

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The two that burn a lot for me are the elliptical ( high rsistance and RPM) or lane simming
  • daveryan925
    Options
    Have you ever tried Plyometrics? P90X has a workout that will do the job.
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get bored easy doing my workout but since Jan I have put goals in my path. I run so I have started doing races. At one point i would only run to get into shape get there and leave it alone, or try some other form of workout that really didn't work i would just try and convince myself it did until i dropped everything. So far the race theory has worked I have been able to string together 7 months of constant workouts with results. going to a race at least once a month. Running for me is the only way to burn the right calories. If you go to furmansfirst.com there is a plan there for running to get faster and better depending on your goals. good luck!!!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I get bored easy doing my workout but since Jan I have put goals in my path. I run so I have started doing races. At one point i would only run to get into shape get there and leave it alone, or try some other form of workout that really didn't work i would just try and convince myself it did until i dropped everything. So far the race theory has worked I have been able to string together 7 months of constant workouts with results. going to a race at least once a month. Running for me is the only way to burn the right calories. If you go to furmansfirst.com there is a plan there for running to get faster and better depending on your goals. good luck!!!

Same here! I need races for motivation, i think that running burns the most calories in the shortest amount of time and it's free! Well kinda, if you don't count the expensive running shoes. I just got the cutest running skort, love it! :happy:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Have you considered circuit training because it combines strength, cardio, and abs
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels workouts. They go from 20 minutes to 50 and they are kick-butt workouts. I tend to get bored with the same old exercises also but adding videos helps a lot.:smile:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Have you considered circuit training because it combines strength, cardio, and abs

Honestly, I tried the "first" circuit training gym. I hated it! Their measurements were inconsistent and the "trainers" were there but absent, you know. I started walking every morning for about 1 1/2 months and the weight just melted off. When I went back to work after summer break, I wasn't able to keep up the routine and gained some of the weight back. I got mad at myself and joined another circuit gym that offered more. Not only did they have the circuit but that also had treadmills, weights, elipticals, bikes, ab machines. It was really nice. I loved it. I saw results quickly and couldn't wait to get to the gym every day! Since my son's accident, I won't be able to go to the gym anymore. They won't let me out of my contract (after I brought 6 new people into the gym!) so my money is just being wasted. I decided to get a treadmill and the Malibu Pilates AR chair! Love the chair! Suzanne Sommers EZ gym is on its way to me as we speak. I love working out here at home now. I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my son with another caregiver and I'm seeing real results. I just wish there was a way to get out of that contract. We could really use the money right now with all the medical bills. :sad: :mad:

Anywho, I honestly think that variety is the spice of life. :drinker: You'll try many different things until, one day, it'll click! You've found your passion. I'm also doing the Cook Yourself Thin thing and it's been fun. My hubby loves being the taste tester. Give it a chance. Try everything for at least a couple of weeks before deciding it isn't for you. You might be like me and find several different things that work for you in combination so it isn't the same old routine.

Keep in touch and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • ElliePeace
    ElliePeace Posts: 18
    Options
    Thankyou for all the tips guys! :smile: i really appreciate it! I am going to research some of the things you have told me right now, cant wait to get started! I have cut down my calorie intake by quite alot, so if i start these exercises i should notice some affect!
    :flowerforyou: xx
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options

That website didn't work... I would love to check it out!!! Was there a typo in there?? Thanks :)
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Running is one of the best calorie burners, but so is squash, biking, swimming, rock climbing, nordic walking..which i'm a huge fan of, the elliptical, step aerobics and rowing....just a few ideas to throw into the mix for you to think about.
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Options
    You could call your sons doctor and they could write you a medical note saying you need to take care of your child and cannot get away to come to the gym. This might help, then agian they might just freeze your account, but that would help as well. Hope this idea helps you out. I work for a chirpractor and we have written such notes before for people. Good luck
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like tennis! burns lots of cals:smile:
  • ElliePeace
    ElliePeace Posts: 18
    Options
    I dont have any kids...! :) i am underage! :laugh:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You could call your sons doctor and they could write you a medical note saying you need to take care of your child and cannot get away to come to the gym. This might help, then agian they might just freeze your account, but that would help as well. Hope this idea helps you out. I work for a chirpractor and we have written such notes before for people. Good luck

Thanks! I'll do that. I guess just thinking "two years!" It seems like such a waste. They did say they'd freeze it for a few months but, his recovery will go way beyond that. I'm just frustrated. :cry: I just need to suck it up and put it in God's hands. Thanks for the help! :flowerforyou:
  • csw5048
    csw5048 Posts: 26
    Options
    If your gym has them, Versaclimber's are awesome and whip you.