Getting Discouraged...!! :'(

Options
My scale has not moved in two weeks, the first week I was ok because we had 2 birthdays and yes I had cake and cupcakes and fat free ice cream and ate fast food but tried to make it as healthy as possible!

But this week I have been doing my exercise and watching my intake and still NO LUCK!!!! I am the type that I HAVE to see progress or I give up!! I have worked hard for 2 months and lost 15 lbs which is the BEST I have EVER done I dont wanna give up!!! I just want to see more progress!!

Please any suggestions or advice would be great!!

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You didn't not see results for 2 weeks.........really, you didn't see results for 1. Because you have a week in there you are lucky you didn't gain. That's really a victory right there. So, really, we're talking about 1 week.

And a key part of being successful in weight loss that everyone forgets is sticking with it. We're all going to have dead weeks. We are all going to plateau. It happens! You are setting yourself up for failure by saying "OH I have to see results or I quit". That's the reality of weight loss... you have to be able to deal with the set backs and plateaus without giving up.

You've lost 15lbs...really, do you want to see all that hard work go to waste? I know I wouldn't. THAT is motivation not to give up.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, it's only two weeks and one you ate a bunch of crap. You know what you have to do; you've lost 15 lbs already! Get back to your healthy eating, drink lots of water to flush the water weight gain from the junk food, and get yourself moving. Don't give up! You can do this! :happy:
  • tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, it's only two weeks and one you ate a bunch of crap. You know what you have to do; you've lost 15 lbs already! Get back to your healthy eating, drink lots of water to flush the water weight gain from the junk food, and get yourself moving. Don't give up! You can do this! :happy:

Thank you!! I just did something I never thought I would do, I took pictures before and after 30 Day Shred, and actually posted in on the Success board, and seeing the compliments and looking at the pictures myself is motivation! To see what I have accomplished, I HAVE to keep going!!! I have done so good, to let it go!! :happy:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Don't judge yourself strictly by the number on the scale. Do your clothes fit differently? Do you feel better? Do you notice changes in your own body? All of these things point to success -- not just a number on a scale (which can be thrown off very easily - everything from water retention, to the batteries being too old). I know it is hard because we've all been brought up to listen to the scale, but again.. it lies.