Sweets

Options
How can i ditch my dependency of sweets?
Dont like fruit...
Any ideas?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    More protein and fat, and ditch the sweets cold turkey. Takes a week to two weeks, but then the cravings are gone! Oh, and get plenty of water too.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    And real food will begin to taste sweeter once you get the crap out. Baby carrots are a sweet treat for me after lunch! And don't give up on fruit, there are so many choices and ways to eat and your taste WILL change once you kick the sugar addiction.
  • asakarc
    asakarc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What about sweetner like splenda? You can make any kind of sweets with it. I drink very sweet cup of cofee or tea with a littlebit of milk or half and half throuout a day using the splenda and it's very saticifying. Also splenda tastes really like sugar in my opinion...
  • Rikasue
    Rikasue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't ditch it. Just choose wisely. Vitalicious chocolate:happy: muffin tops (100 calories), Kozy Shack Bread Pudding (160 Calories). :happy:
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I still crave sweets but I am able to incorporate them in most days, by simply eating a fiber one brownie or something like that
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I could never ditch sweets...I have to have something chocolate every day or life just isn't worth living.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My thought on calorie free sweeteners is that they will never break your addiction to sweets and can set off some of the same hormonal responses to sugar. The research is pretty murky but some is there to dredge through if you wish. I figure why risk it and real food tastes better when you reduce your sweets addiction.

I just saw the chocolate post and I will amend that I love super dark chocolate
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey is probably the best way.

I love them though, so I'd never. =D
  • gonnadoit32
    Options
    licorice is nice and low in calories if you're desperate :) Whole foods are a much better choice though, but sometimes you just need a sweet fix huh?
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    YOU DONT HAVE TO DITCH THE SWEETS!! JUST EAT IN MODERATION!!
    I eat chocolate............................M&Ms have 5 calories each...5=25 calories 10=50 calories
    I eat cheesecake too... ............Lawlers cheesecake miniatures (from sams club) each miniature has 80 calories!!
    dont forget suger free gum
    and as someone above mentioned a hot drink with truvia (which DOES have 3 carbs/packet ) or sweet n low (less than 1/packet)
    theres sugar free jello
    lowfat and sugarfree cookies...
    cereals w/ nonfat milk.

ITS ABOUT MODERATION NOT DEPRIVING YOURSELF !!!!!
    thats what makes it a lifestyle change rather than a diet!!
    diets=yes and no foods
    lifestyle change= calorie consumption, portion control, and exercise
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hummmm...cheese cake! Love it