Looking for support, lasting friendships..

Options
Hi. I've been using MFP for awhile but I haven't been doing great. I really need some external motivation, help, and support.
A little about myself: I'm 23 years old, and currently planning a wedding to the man I love and have been with for over 5 years. Our date is October of 2013. THIS October, my mother wants to send out "save the dates" with our pictures on a postcard, and I need to lose a good 10 or 15lbs by then! With a total of 50lbs~ by October of 2013.

I live in a "unique" situation where my fiance and I are forced to eat out A LOT; our options are either go out, or simply don't eat! I can't starve myself so we usually opt for the eating out, which is why I've gained so much weight in the last couple of years (specifically the last year since the death of somebody in my family).

My fiance is a great guy but sometimes he doesn't push me or help steer me away from those bad decisions. My biggest downfall is not being able to stop "indulging" or binging. If I eat something, I eat ALL of it. And then I feel terrible afterwards :(

So! I'm looking for some help, some motivation... something! My wedding is so important to me and I want to look beautiful in my dress!

:)

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm getting married in July this year and need to lose more. There are healthy options when you do go out to eat.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for new friends too so go ahead and add me and we can motivate each other! Congrats on your wedding!
  • PugLuvMn
    PugLuvMn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me - I have a good group of friends but am always looking for more people who are active and supportive!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I am 47 and have recently been proposed to and looking at a 2013 wedding. My other half is trying to put on weight (using this site) so I am against indulgent foods all the time! I go to zumba 3-4 times a week which I love. I have only lost 11lb but lost loads of inches. I think it is the exercise I have been doing, muscle v fat and all that!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can add me. There are alot of healthy options at restaurants and even fast food places. Order right and go for a walk later. You will do it!!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am always here to offer support! Congrats on the wedding!
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many replies so quickly, that's really awesome!

Sending requests and accepting them as they come!
    :D
    And thanks to those who offered congrats! I'm super excited.
  • tundradarling
    Options
    I completely understand your situation. I would be happy to help you in your journey. I am trying to loose 100 pounds and need all the help I can get too :)
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 23 also, and getting married in September 2012 :-)