Eating more.. How long does it take?

Options
Raynn1
Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
Im still fairly new to MFP, but I have been a WW member for years and lost 100 pounds on the program prior to having kids 4 years ago. After the birth of my second child 17 months ago I have been struggling to get the weight off. I decided to try MFP as another way to track what I was eating and seeing how it compared to WW.

I started the C25K program 10 weeks ago and I now run 3 days a week for my 5k, plus one step class and one pump class, so 5 days a week activity. I am earning upwards of 45+ AP's in a week. I have always struggled to "eat more" and I find that was one of my issues with the WW program was I wasn't "forced" to eat my extra points, and I believe it has caused some problems.
So I decided to try here as another way to see if I could add in my exercise and concentrate on eating more, since the exercise cals are added into my daily target it helped me pay more attention to eating back those cals..

I had what I thought was a good week. I have my tracker set to losing 1.5 pounds a week. I did my three runs, my classes, I ate back some or all of my burned cals, concentrated on drinking my water, doing everything I thought was "right"... and I gained 1.4 pounds this week..

I have been reading up on eating more and getting out of starvation mode, and I understand it can take a while for your body to "reset" so to speak?? Is this true? Should I keep plugging along with what I am doing and take this as an "off" week? Any advice?

I gotta admit, its really frustrating to do what I thought was a pretty good job this week and not be rewarded for it...

Replies