has anyone lost weight doing the c25k pictures please

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
Im in week 1 day 3 and im going to repeat it. Im wondering if you really loss any weight doing this program. If so pictures please....
Im really excited. I get done with a run and can not wait for the next run.

Replies

• kmfolkins
    kmfolkins Posts: 64
    Options
    Bump I would like to see some on on W2 D2
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Im just wondering if it really works.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My teacher is doing it and last we spoke about it she lost 2lbs, but a lot of inches. She was just starting week 2.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm only in week one, but I took pictures right before D1... so in a few weeks I'll know the answer... :/
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    only about 9 pounds, but it turned me into a runner- which helped me lose 90.

It TOTALLY works. Its not a weightloss program though- its a 'turn you into a runner so you can run to lose weight/feel great/have some zen' program.
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started C25k 9 weeks ago but instead of completing the program I sort of just changed it work with me. I followed it but instead of going to week 5 I sort of repeated week 4 and then made up my own routine. Right now I walk 5 minutes (at 3.5), run 6 (at 5.0), walk 3, run 3, walk 3, run 3, walk the rest. I try and stay on the treadmill for another half an hour and run when I get a burst of energy.

Basically by week 4 or 5 you should be running at least a mile (even if it's broken up). By doing this I've managed to lose 15 pounds in 2 months. Add me if you want!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i don't know if you lose weight doing this, but i started tonight. day 1 week 1. i did it twice. i figure i'll do it twice each day i do it :-)
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I m on week 1 But im repeating week 1 again. Just to make sure I can run the whole time. I really want to be able to run without stopping. Also lose some weight and inches.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    I went through week 7 of the program and dropped 18lbs (3lb not recorded on MFP :P). For me, it was the easy fat as its been years since I worked out and the first i've ever really ran. Started to watch what I was eating and ran every other day. I stopped the program because I started P90X, but I fully expect to start running when i'm done with P90X. I never thought I would be able to run more than 3 minutes straight and at the end I was running 28 minutes straight!

The program works for sure!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure.... I started with C25K last January and haven't stopped running since, you can see some before and after pics on my profile page. I'm astounded at how much I love to run and C25K was the best thing ever for me, to get me started.

Losing weight has not just been about runnning though - I'm eating much more reasonable sized portions and (mostly) eating less junky snacks. I think they are the things that have really made the difference but the running has definitely been a contributing factor.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 and am at 225 right now. My profile pic shows the differences. I can really tell in my upper legs and hubby says that my butt feels a lot firmer. This body hasn't run since high school. I am working on week 4 right now. This one is totally kicking my butt! But I will get it done....it just takes me a little longer :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can't say my weight loss is from c25k only...but I've been doing it for almost 6 weeks now and have dropped about 12lbs since I started. W5D3 tomorrow :) (I repeated week 4 for 2 days)
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 2 and I have lost mainly inches so far
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 30 lbs using c25k! Of course I also follow a strict healthy diet, I started at 262 lbs, and when I got to 225 I started the program and according to the scale this morning I am at 191.6. You have to keep eating right, but in combination with that the running has got me dropping weight like crazy! And the best part is my legs look amazing :) check out my page if you want to see pictures!

Oh and I just graduated, and am running 3.1 miles twice a week now and 1.5 on the third day. It has given me this incredible sense of accomplishment and has become not only my way to loose weight but it helps me work off the stress of my hectic life. Highly recommend it!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 20 pounds doing C25K! I love it! I saw most of my fat melt away in the early weeks because I was able to run faster for shorter periods. Now that I'm into the longer runs, I'm not seeing the inches drop quite as fast. Also - I watch what I eat. I do not restrict my diet at all - I eat what I want, but control the portions. I try hard to eat higher protein, especially at breakfast, and that really helps me to feel satisfied throughout the day.

Good luck to you!
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 30 lbs using c25k! Of course I also follow a strict healthy diet, I started at 262 lbs, and when I got to 225 I started the program and according to the scale this morning I am at 191.6. You have to keep eating right, but in combination with that the running has got me dropping weight like crazy! And the best part is my legs look amazing :) check out my page if you want to see pictures!

Oh and I just graduated, and am running 3.1 miles twice a week now and 1.5 on the third day. It has given me this incredible sense of accomplishment and has become not only my way to loose weight but it helps me work off the stress of my hectic life. Highly recommend it!

WOW Molly!! Awesome!
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last summer when I first did it, I managed a steady 3lb a week weight loss. Prior to starting I was a steady 2lb/wk loss girl, so that extra oomph I put into running certainly upped the loss. I didn't take any photos (still haven't...and won't). My legs and butt, as mentioned above, were much more defined. Too bad I didn't keep it up as I had to start all over again this spring. Sigh.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started March 1st. I'm on day 3 week 3 today. I have lost about 5lbs this month but also have been donig other exerices with it.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I started March 2. Today I completed Week 5, day 2. I'm wearing a HRM for the last week and typically burning around 200 calories per session.

I haven't lost weight, in fact, I gained a little this week. But! I can see muscles in my legs that I couldn't see before. And I've lost 2 inches off of my natural waist, an inch off of my hips, an inch off of each thigh and a half an inch measuring around my belly button. Frankly, those inches are more important than the pounds right now and I feel like once I make the transition to being a runner, I'll be able to run longer and farther and THAT will be what helps to take off the extra weight I'm lugging around.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    This is my first week of C25K...and I love it. I am finding this week a little easy so I've been adding an extra 15 minutes of very brisk walking at 4.5 mph.

I'm sure by week 3 I will not be adding extras...LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!