Crabs

Options
sjmgde
sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
What do you do when you are so crabby or cranky and the only thing that you think might make you feel better is food. HELP I do not want to eat but i am soo crabby at this very moment...Any thought to get my mind off being crabby :grumble:

Replies

• sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Have a nice cup of tea and five mins with a book or a magazine x
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    workout!!!! It calms you down and lets you take out frustration! (btw....not what I thought this thread would be >.<)
  • jefflpeterson
    Options
    I go for a nice bike ride!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Walking works for me
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    wine.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Eat. :ohwell: Seriously, if you are that hungry, you probably need to eat.
  • sjmgde
    Options
    (btw....not what I thought this thread would be >.<)

I thought about that after i posted the topic LOL OPPS
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this thread isn't about the first thing that popped into my head :laugh:
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I went for a walk. I told myself, very angrily, that I was going to walk laps until I wasn't angry anymore, or until I couldn't walk anymore. An hour later, I came back, having more calories left to fill with food if I wanted, and less crabby. I've discovered that any problem I think I can solve with food, I can usually solve with stomping around outside for an hour. :)
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I never in my life thought I'd be able to say this, but a nice strenous workout helps tremendously.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Are you starving yourself?
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Go for a brisk walk outside in the sunshine....sun feels fabulous on your face and you will forget your troubles. :bigsmile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nix. There. I said it.
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was going to be about something waaaaaaaaay disgustingly different. I am so glad it is not.

Make sure you're eating at least your BMR and getting proper nutrition. If you're under eating, irritability is a definite sign.

When you find yourself irritable, take a moment away from your task to close your eyes and breathe in slowly for the count of five then let it out while counting to ten. Do this until you feel calmer, more relaxed, and focused.

Be careful how you react to things because you may run the risk of pushing away those who care about you, perhaps losing your job, and continually riding an emotional roller coaster rather than enjoying life.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    GO WORKOUT! you will feel 1,000x better after and 1,000,000x better than if you chow down on unhealthy food!
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ha... this topic name could so be misconstrued ;)

My mood is very often food related. I am most crabby when I am hungry, period. Then, I may be a little irritable if I have a craving I have been ignoring. Not as bad as my "hunger" mood but still not pleasant. I try to accomodate. If I'm just hungry but between meals, I'll try a low cal snack. If I desperately want chocolate or ice cream, I make it happen. Usually via something that is still reasonably healthy like Vita tops for my chocolate demons, or frozen yogurt for my ice cream fix.

Still other times, if I want to eat but it is purely in my head, the only thing I can do is vent. Either to my hubby, or sometimes, only my sister or mom helps. Generally there is a root cause in there somewhere bottled up and I just have to get it out.

If all else fails, I watch a good chick flick, have a little cry and that will generally get myself moving back in the right direction.
  • sjmgde
    Options
    Are you starving yourself?

No not even hungry but when i get crabby i want to eat food so it maks me feel better but that makes it worse.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thought this was labeled "carbs." Carbs do usually calm me down... but that probably doesn't help you. Make some tea with a little honey in it and walk outside would be my advice!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine, my iPod, and a hot bath full of bubbles!!