Apologies!

Options
Apologise to anyone I may have annoyed. (previous posts)

I was simply asking a question. I did word it badly, but i never meant to offend.

Simply, my point was based on the fact that Im eating my daily allowance of calories and i wanted to lose weight.

SORRY!

PS i recieved MFP mail/inbox with abuse....

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    You can block those users in your personal mail.

Report abusive personal messages to Steven. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    perhaps consider softer language, and consider the variety of people who use this site

saying someone is rubbish to someone already emotionally downtrodden or potentially depressed about how they look and feel, will obviously cause a negative reaction
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the apology, Arch53! Knowingly or not, you stepped into one of the most contentious (and most discussed) issues on these boards. And intentionally or not, your first post in that "RUBBISH" thread seemed very confrontational.

It doesn't help that many, many people respond before reading an entire thread, so they didn't see that people had already complained about the tone of your post, nor did they see that you got an explanation that you found understandable.
  • WatchMomRun
    Options
    perhaps consider softer language, and consider the variety of people who use this site

saying someone is rubbish to someone already emotionally downtrodden or potentially depressed about how they look and feel, will obviously cause a negative reaction

Absolutely true!!

Obviously you did not mean to upset :)

Good luck on the figuring it all out. My two cents though would say that if MFP gives you 1450 cal/day to eat and you burn 500 cal, which I did this morning on my run, then the difference would be less than 1000 cal/day. That is not enough,right? I don't know what your allotted amount of calories per day is but you should be losing weight by eating that amt regardless of exercise. I burn at least 500cal/day sometimes more that 1000 if I run a long distance. If I didn't replace that it would be like eating only 500-1000cal/day. Does that make sense?