Where can I find some extra "oomph"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you all have any suggestions for some extra energy throughout the day?

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do like hot tea. I avg about 6 hrs of sleep per night... so that could be why I don't feel at my best... however when I try to get at least 8 hours, I still feel kind of tired throughout the day.

Thanks!

I know exactly how you feel! I despise the days that I feel sluggish!! I am a coffee drinker and sometimes that does not help because my body is used to it. I take the correct vitamins but still feel tired some days even with 8 hrs of sleep. I think it can depend on the day, your mood, and maybe the food you consumed. This is a question I would love to know the answer to but I think there is not one specific thing that will provide a ton of energy. Are you tired every single day? Do you sit all day?

Lately it does seem like its every day. And no I don't sit all day... I stand. :) I have a standing workstation but for the most part, I just stand and type most of the day (taking a little break at least ever 1-2 hrs)

Good Idea! I do know that I was taking a "one-a day vitamin for women" and I still had almost no Vitamin D in my system.....some of us just don't know how to hold on to our Vitamin D apparently! I hope getting a blood test gives you some obvious answers!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do like hot tea. I avg about 6 hrs of sleep per night... so that could be why I don't feel at my best... however when I try to get at least 8 hours, I still feel kind of tired throughout the day.

Thanks!

I know exactly how you feel! I despise the days that I feel sluggish!! I am a coffee drinker and sometimes that does not help because my body is used to it. I take the correct vitamins but still feel tired some days even with 8 hrs of sleep. I think it can depend on the day, your mood, and maybe the food you consumed. This is a question I would love to know the answer to but I think there is not one specific thing that will provide a ton of energy. Are you tired every single day? Do you sit all day?

Lately it does seem like its every day. And no I don't sit all day... I stand. :) I have a standing workstation but for the most part, I just stand and type most of the day (taking a little break at least ever 1-2 hrs)

I hear ya and it sucks! I go through phases where it seems like everyday I feel tired. I actually posted a similar topic on here ha! Try vitamin D, a multi-vitamin, and fish or salmon oil. Also, you could try a fiber supplement to ger rid of the nasty waste! (gross I know but true!)

Yes, gross but true is right lol... and come to think of it, I used to have 1-2 Activia light yogurts per day and I got tired of them so haven't had one for a couple days. Maybe that is slowing me down. I'm going to search for your thread!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Good Idea! I do know that I was taking a "one-a day vitamin for women" and I still had almost no Vitamin D in my system.....some of us just don't know how to hold on to our Vitamin D apparently! I hope getting a blood test gives you some obvious answers!

I've actually heard that alot of times like only 10-20% of the multivitamins we take actually soak into our bodies... the rest we pee out! (which is why it is bright yellow on multivitamins) I agree that a blood test my tell me a lot. I will also have them check for iron because I've always been borderline anemic.... maybe I'm not getting enough of that either!