Looking for support from those who eat above bmr + exc cals.

Options
Okay, so I kind of suck at this so far and would love support doing this the healthy, lifestyle change way. If you feel like reading, here's a little background of my journey so far...

I've been thin my whole life. 6 mos ago, I started taking celexa and put on 20 lbs in under 2 mos. Just went back to doc, and bc he has my weight history with both pregs (only gained 20lbs w/single, 35lbs w/twins) and beyond, he said it is 100% the meds. He suggested I come off. My point of this part is to show I am a great maintainer, but apparently a terrible loser...

I joined mfp 6 weeks ago. Started 1st 4 wks eating 1200 cal + exc cals. After initial water weight lose of 4lbs 1st wk, didn't lose a single lb next 3 weeks. Read tons on site and saw a couple LCD who had lost significant amts and are now maintaining, so I gave that a go. Spent the next 2 weeks eating 900 net cals daily, with a spike (really a binge) day of 2500+ cals on sat. Lost another 5 lbs in that 2 weeks. Weight is dropping quick at 2.5 lbs a week. Problem is I can't sustain it, this week after my "cheat" (binge) day sat, I can't get it back under control. I'm up 4 lbs...

After the last few days of soul searching :), I decided I should probably put the vanity aside and focus on making a lifestyle change. Maybe this weight was a blessing. I have lived the last 32 yrs thin on the worst diet ever. I barely eat any real food and eat almost 100% junk... Cereal, chips, candy, etc. I decided I would try coming here hoping to find some support from maintainers and successful losers who are doing it the healthy way. I want to try eating above my bmr, plus exc cals, with whole foods. I'm trying to change many, many years of bad habits, so I fully aware I can't do this alone. If you'd be willing to add me to support and encourage me, I would really, really appreciate it.

I did want to add, I am a type a personality and a huge perfectionist. Admitting failure is really hard for me, so hitting 'post topic' on this is going to be extremely difficult. I've noticed that there quite a few unkind comments posted on this site and apologizing upfront for my ignoring your comments if you decide to post them in my thread. Thank you for your understanding.

For anyone that read this far, thank you I really appreciate it. I never intended to this to be a novel, so thank you for listening.

Replies

• cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I came on to delete my thread to shorten it, but that is no longer an option. Clif notes version....

I need help staying motivated to eat above bmr for health reasons with the added benefit of losing weight! Add me if you can!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sounds like you've made a commitment to get healthy and make good choices, that's great! Feel free to add me. I eat above BMR and eat back my exercise calories :)
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sounds like you've made a commitment to get healthy and make good choices, that's great! Feel free to add me. I eat above BMR and eat back my exercise calories :)

And you are almost to your goal! That's so great! Congrats! Thanks for the add.