Dr. Fuhrman's food pyramid. Agree?

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    With all that sugar in fruit and veggies I would fart so much that I could possibly rip my pants!

You don't need a lot of fruit and veggies to be healthy... Main stream media just has made us believe its to be that way.

The portion is 10-40%
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    With all that sugar in fruit and veggies I would fart so much that I could possibly rip my pants!

You don't need a lot of fruit and veggies to be healthy... Main stream media just has made us believe its to be that way.

And this mentality is what is wrong with the majority of Americans.

To be overweight, yet malnourished. SMH
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options

Here we go again. Let's see your success story, NatureMade.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Sigh. And your approach to "educating" others about health and nutrition (by attacking them) is precisely why many people avoid certain topics here, myself included.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've seen paleo results. They aren't anything I would want to achieve. :noway:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Sigh. And your approach to "educating" others about health and nutrition (by attacking them) is precisely why many people avoid certain topics here, myself included.

Stating facts is not attacking them. Anyone that thinks fruits and vegetables aren't a necessary part and should be the bulk part of ones eating plan is sadly mistaken.

I am done trying to educate people that don't want to be educated on this website. I have a group of people I work with through my local Chiropractor's office that care about their health and well being and those are who I choose to educate.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    The fruits go from 10-40%

You guys don't know what you are arguing about.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

I have posted my pics in a thread in the success forum. I am still a work in progress, but I am getting more and more to my old form and self each day.

I will be back to 120 pounds just like I was when I met my hubby.
  • cmriverside
    Options

I have posted my pics in a thread in the success forum. I am still a work in progress, but I am getting more and more to my old form and self each day.

I will be back to 120 pounds just like I was when I met my hubby.

I saw it.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I like it. Except the cheese part.

^ Yep. Me too. I'm just reading his "Eat To Live" book right now. There are quite a few "mis"statements and some questionable "facts" but I've marked them to go back and check his information.

I am not morbidly obese anymore but I still find some of this information very fascinating and quite helpful, especially some of the recipes.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    This pyramid needs more bacon.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This is what I have been following.

food_pyramid_flat_2011sm-1.jpg
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    This means something...

Close-Encounters-of-the-Third-Kind-3.jpg
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Where's the chicken?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    You know you can resize those images in Photobucket, right?
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You know you can resize those images in Photobucket, right?

It's not my photobucket :cry:
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really like Dr. Fuhrman's work and believe it is good advice overall...but it's so far from how I eat (and how most people eat) that I find it difficult to fathom following it entirely. I don't know if I would feel satisfied with all animal products AND plant fats AND grains being so low. Sure, you're allowed fat in nuts/seeds, but 2 oz of nuts doesn't go far, and everything else would be fairly low in fat. I don't know if veggies and beans would be filling enough.

I actually just finished reading his Super Immunity book and am trying to figure out how to implement elements of his diet into mine. I clearly need more fruits and veggies (and would agree that these are necessary parts of a healthy diet). The parts that I am reluctant to give up are eggs (big one for me), fish, and (knowing it's bad for me) sugar. Cheese is also tough, though I've done it in the past. I think Americans overall eat too much meat, and I've had no trouble cutting way back in that area.

Anyway, I tend to agree with it, but it seems like an unattainable goal for the average middle-aged American. ;)
  • cmriverside
    Options
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    foodpyramid-large.png

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/foodpyramid.aspx

http://www.drfuhrman.com/default.aspx

Always catch his shows on KTCS 9. It's not exactly what I live by but it's interesting.

I find it much more realistic than eating like a caveman or eating bacon and steak all the time ala Atkins.

Micronutrient based diiet. Makes more sense than the above.

This is my ideal diet--what I hope to SOMEDAY achieve.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Did anybody else notice that some sneaky tomatoes have made their way down to infiltrate the vegetable section ^_^

Bell peppers too

Someone didn't know the difference between a fruit and vegetable

And the eggplant--also has seeds!