my polar ft4 cheating me out of calories ?

Options
2»

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    If you set the HRM up correctly then I would go with that. Is it set with your current body weight as previously mentioned?

I never trust the machines. They always seem to over-estimate.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I also have the ft4 it's showing very low cal burned recently for doing turbo fire! Like yesterday for fire 45 only 322 burned??? Mine you I'm over 200 pounds lol. Something not right. ummm.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It might be a bit of a conspiracy theory, but it is rather mild and makes a lot of sense. If the dumb machine guesstimates a high number of calories you burn, you will want to use that machine over one that tells you a lower number. Especially those who just go to the gym for a bit and don't do any outside research or thought. Overall they sell more machines when the gym owners see that they are being used. 500+ calories is actually quite a lot. I would guess most people actually overestimate their calories burned, they get away with it because they A. don't eat them all back or B. are already at a high deficit set on here so overall they are still at a deficit.
  • newmexD
    newmexD Posts: 1
    Options
    How does the ft4 work cause everyone says it shows lower calories .does it mean your burning less calories but by being in the zone u loose more fat? Am confused