Question

My wife wants to try the "Instant Tummy Tuck she saw on an informercial" apparently it is a band you put around your waist with a "magic Fat Burning cream" that is supposed to help shrink your stomach. Has anyone tried this? My wife wants one, to go along with our Diet and excercise. She has a friend who says it works, but since it is a Infomercial and they never work like they say I wanted to see if anyone else has used it before I dish out over $40 bucks .

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    I have never used this, nor heard of it, but I can pretty much guarantee you it is not going to work. There is no "magic fat burning cream." The only thing that will help your wife is diet and exercise.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    If it's what I think it is, it's a band that sends electrical impulses to your muscles and zaps them into working out while just sitting around. The magic cream is probably a caffeine cream to help tighten the skin. May or may not work. If you leave it on too long, you can really exhaust the muscles and have trouble moving around!
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    If it's what I think it is, it's a band that sends electrical impulses to your muscles and zaps them into working out while just sitting around. The magic cream is probably a caffeine cream to help tighten the skin. May or may not work. If you leave it on too long, you can really exhaust the muscles and have trouble moving around!

I saw the commercial it is not one of the Electrical belts, it honestly looks like those slim waist spandex that people wear to make themselves look slimmer.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    My theory on these things is that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And if it sounds like an easy quick fix, it's probably a scam. Personally, I think you would be throwing your $40 away.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Duct tape is cheaper.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    I'd spend that $40 on more CHICKEN!! :bigsmile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    "magic fat burning cream".......you knew the answer before you asked the question!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    If $40 made everyone "magically" lose belly fat - everyone would be slender... no?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    "magic fat burning cream".......you knew the answer before you asked the question!
    Obviously.

Presumably the point of the thread is that his wife needs to hear common sense from a bunch of random strangers, instead of believing her husband who is smart enough not to be deceived by ridiculous false claims such as this.