just increased my calories, looking for some advice!

Options
Hello all! I have been stuck at 170 for about 5 weeks now. This past Friday, after seeing 170 again I decided to try increasing my calories so I went back and adjusted my mfp goals and increased my daily calorie goal from 1420 to 1570 (per mfp's suggestion). My concern at the moment is that I made this adjustment based on the fact that I usually work out 5 days a week for an hour burning anywhere from 400-800 calories depending on which routine I do. I am leaving for vacation on Saturday so this week has been pretty hectic and I have only made 1.5 out of 3 of my hour workouts and I am thinking I am not going to have time to go workout tonight because I need to finish packing and cleaning (trying to fit it all in along with my normal routine of work, and being a mom and all that fun stuff). Should I be aiming for a lower daily calorie goal since I am not getting my normal workouts? I am afraid of gaining weight right before I go on my nice tropical vaca! I usually only loose about a lb a week when I am loosing, but I will easily gain 2-3 if I don't watch what I am eating/working out.

Thanks for the help!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey Kaci! I know exactly how you feel, what a scary feeling! I upped my calories by around 400 a couple of weeks ago, and over the last weekend, could not work out because of my hip hurting a bit too much. I kept my calories upped, but just made sure that I didn't go over. I felt like the only way to tell if upping my calories worked, is if I actually stuck to it for a week or so (a suggestion by a fellow MFPer.) I didn't gain at all, and my results have all been positive up to this point. My advice would be to keep them upped, but everybody is different, and if you don't feel it will work for you, maybe it won't. <3 Good lluck!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When you fill out your profile, MFP will give you a number to hit, without exercise calories, that will allow you to lose weight on that calorie intake alone. If you exercise on any given day, then eat the extra calories given to you by MFP once you enter your exercise info. If you miss a workout and still eat just the number given to you from the start, it is there to have you lose weight on that number.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP ignores your exercise goals when giving you your caloric intake. That is what you have to eat on days you don't workout. When you workout MFP adds those cals back and you are supposed to eat those in order to hit your weekly goal.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    MFP ignores your exercise goals when giving you your caloric intake. That is what you have to eat on days you don't workout. When you workout MFP adds those cals back and you are supposed to eat those in order to hit your weekly goal.
    ^This.
  • irishgirl63
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have been stuck at the same weight for 5 weeks as well. It sucks! I too upped my calorie's this week by 300. I had not been able to work out the past week because I was sick and finally went this morning. Not sure what will happen on weigh in day but I hope I didn't gain. I guess will have to wait and see. Good luck to you and have a Blast on your vacation!!
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    You calorie intake will be affected if you train or not. MFP sets your goal based on a regular lifestyle, calories get adjusted up every time you enter a workout/exercise. If you are not working out your calories intake will be affected as your body doesn't require fuel for exercise or muscle recovery.

Even with you a poor gym week, you will still be set up to lose based on your goal.