Strength Training

Options
What's your scedule look like? Are you doing a special program?

Replies

• sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump...great question, I'd love to get some idea on strength training as well.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get into using The New Rules of Lifting For Women. It's a great book, and the program looks challenging but far from impossible!
    Currently, as I am training for a 5k in May, I'm just doing a little lifting. Chest press, shoulder press, lat pulldown, row and leg press, using the heaviest weights I can still get 8 reps out with good form. I do 3-4 sets on each machine.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I definitely second New Rules of Lifting. It is a great book with 6 months of weigh lifting schedules, plus loads of other great info. Definitely challenging and if you put in the effort you will get great results!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I currently work with a personal trainer 2x's/week. We do upper body one day, lower body the next and core on both. I do cardio 3 other days/week.

I've heard a lot about the book the others mentioned and may use it when my training sessions expire.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I'm at sea I train about 2 hours everyday and 30 to 60 min of cardio
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do strength training 4 days a week with a personal trainer and 2 days of boot camp. Mon is legs, Tue is chest, Wed is back and Thu is shoulders. We do ab exercises all 4 days as well. Quite a workout I have to say. Lost 4.4 lbs and 2.2 % BF the 1st month. Can't wait to see how much I lost this month.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Started off doing a 3 day split. Chest/shoulders/tris on day 1, legs/abs day 3, and back/biceps day 5. Cardio in between and rest on weekends. It's worked well for me.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Never the same body part each day. For example...

Day 1
    Chest, Shoulders, Abs, and Cardio

Day 2
    Biceps, Quads, and Cardio

Day 3
    Back and Calves and Abs

Day 4
    Triceps, Traps, and Cardio with Intervals

Day 5
    Forearms, Cardio, and Abs

Day 6
    EVERYTHING in small sets (shorter workout)

Day 7
    Push ups, jumping jacks (light workout)
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    Day 1 - Legs
    Day 2 - Chest / Triceps
    Day 3 - Back / Biceps
    Day 4 - Legs
    Day 5 - Shoulders