vegetables to add to my scrambled eggs

Options
I have been having egg whites for breakfast and I would love some recommendations for vegetables to add to them. Mostly I just add salsa but I would like to mix it up.

Replies

• michmill98
    Options
    broccoli, zuchini, peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, arugula, tomatoes, hash browns, olives - just think of various omelet fillings for ideas

I like to saute my veggies (except the spinach/arugula) first, scoop them out of the skillet, scramble the eggs and then when the eggs are almost done add the veggies back in. If I'm doing the spinach/arugula, then I add it to the pan right after I add the eggs. Sprinkle with a touch of cheese or fresh herb and cracked black pepper and I'm a happy girl.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    spinach, bell pepper, and onion
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Basically anything you like! I like a diced ham and broccoli egg white skillet...yum. Or, if you want to do all veggies: diced bell peppers, diced onions, diced/sliced mushrooms...you can even add diced carrots if you want. Ham and spinach is also a good combination. Spinach and tomato would probably be good too. =) Scrambled egg skillets/omeletes are very versatile.