Not sure how to go about it :/

Options
Hi everyone :) I've been eating extremely healthy the past week and a half... lots of fruits and veggies, whole wheat bread, eggs, etc and all no calorie beverages, & haven't noticed any change in weight.. I have had 2 cheat days where i've eaten dessert, and i'm worried that's affecting my weight loss a lot? I've heard it's actually good to confuse your metabolism with some higher calorie foods in order to help yourself lose weight but now i'm not sure. I'm also exercising multiple times a week for an hour or more. Should I just give it time and make sure I DO NOT have any cheat days? As hard as that may be.. lol. Also, i'm 5' 6" 140 lbs trying to get down to at least 125 or 120. Some tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    are you going over your daily calorie limit?
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. In fact it may even be a little below average.
  • wdmvp
    wdmvp Posts: 2
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? If you're sure that you aren't going over your allotted daily calories then it is only a matter of time until you see results. However, the size of your deficit will be the deciding factor in how long it takes you. Most people recommend eating at 80% of maintenance. Do that for two weeks, monitor your progress, and then you can adjust your calories accordingly if you are losing weight too slow, too fast, or not at all.

Just remember that some of the calorie calculators can be notoriously inaccurate so it's important that you keep a close eye on your progress for the first few weeks to see which numbers work best for you. Best of luck!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs (I started here at 132). Check out my diary to see what I've been doing (sounds similar to you). It's worked for me, and may help. Good luck!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Less than two weeks............it's not unusual for your body to take a little longer than that to 'kick start.'

Be patient, keep doing what you're doing.....and yes, you can have dessert a few times a week, and if you stay within your caloric goal for the day, you WILL lose!

patience :wink: :wink:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for a workout routine?
  • wdmvp
    wdmvp Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh, I must have missed the initial sentence in your post. If after two weeks you don't notice any change in weight, in the mirror, or in how your clothes fit, then you are probably eating too close to maintenance. It's possible that your cheat meals (desserts) are offsetting the hard work you're doing during the week because they could be very calorie dense. Count everything meticulously and monitor your progress and you will succeed!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! acdchicka, i will definitely do that, thanks :) and classycouture, I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and burn at least 300 calories. I also take spin classes that are an hour long, and are very vigorous.