Really Strange NSV (maybe men will understand)

Options
pearceda
pearceda Posts: 29 Member
I started out January 2011 to lose weight and at that point I was just shy of 240 lbs. I recently broke 200 and am currently at 198. When I went to shave this morning I found I had a really smooth shave without have to stretch my skin or roll back fat to get at some spots. A quicker shave in the morning is saving me about 10 minutes. I just couldn't help myslef---I was running my hand over my chin on the drive in to work this morning. I am sure the cars that passed me must have thought I was nuts! Anybody else experience this?

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ermmmm nope
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    I can relate, I noticed that about shaving my legs last night :)
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    When I first read the subject, I was really thinking that it would be about a totally different area of the body! Very nice NSV!
  • jeephipwr
    jeephipwr Posts: 20
    Options
    I found that happened to me. And shaving my face got easier too :)
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    LOL Nope, not a man, but I do understand the happiness that comes when fat is not longer making trouble where it should not be.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but as another lady mentioned I've notice it with my legs, much easier to do the backs of them now!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I started out January 2011 to lose weight and at that point I was just shy of 240 lbs. I recently broke 200 and am currently at 198. When I went to shave this morning I found I had a really smooth shave without have to stretch my skin or roll back fat to get at some spots. A quicker shave in the morning is saving me about 10 minutes. I just couldn't help myslef---I was running my hand over my chin on the drive in to work this morning. I am sure the cars that passed me must have thought I was nuts! Anybody else experience this?

Yeah, I dont cut myself as much as I use to. I still have the double chin but my skin on my face is a bit tighter than it was so I think it is easier to shave. At least maybe its in my head.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but as another lady mentioned I've notice it with my legs, much easier to do the backs of them now!

^^^This
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I'm with the other ladies on this one - not to mention I save a couple of minutes now that I don't have as much skin to go over! :D
  • Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have not really experienced the easier shave yet. i am actually noticing a bit extra skin, not filled out by fat. How long till this starts to "tighten up"?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I actually just noticed this today as well lol.
  • xnikkiheart
    Options
    When I first read the subject, I was really thinking that it would be about a totally different area of the body! Very nice NSV!
    I was thinking this too haha x] but as a few other girls have said - I've noticed that on my legs, that I don't have to stretch and do as crazy of positions to get to the backs of my legs and I'm only down 10lbs
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Yup, totally get it - one of the reasons I grew a goatee was to make it look like I still had a chin......
  • cahart11
    cahart11 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was at 240 on 12/19/11, and am at 212 now. I will say that not only is shaving your face and neck easier, but shaving your crotch and cutting your toe nails is also easier.
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm a girl, but know what you're talking about in reverse! I found that since I've lost a lot of weight I actually have armPITS and indentations in my legs and have to move in a strange way to get a nice clean shave! ;)
  • cahart11
    Options
    How long till this starts to "tighten up"?

Thats what he said!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    When I first read this - I admit my mind went to other places than the face lol

I may not understand the shaving of the face - but other places are a WHOLE lot easier to shave and get clean without being a contortionist!

Great NSV for you! Congrats :)
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't think its strange at all! I find that its easier to shave my legs, as the other girls have said.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was at 240 on 12/19/11, and am at 212 now. I will say that not only is shaving your face and neck easier, but shaving your crotch and cutting your toe nails is also easier.

I know I shouldn't...but I'm gonna ask, "You shave your crotch?!"

12029845.png
  • cahart11
    Options

I know I shouldn't...but I'm gonna ask, "You shave your crotch?!"

12029845.png

At times. I am sure my wife is reading this and is like, OMG Did he just admit that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!