Marinades

Options
Kellster30
Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
We eat chicken often and I have lots of different ways I cook it on the stove top or in the oven, but now that it's BBQ season I was wondering if anyone had any good marinade recipes that they'd be willing to share.

Replies

• McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    I do soy sauce, dijon mustard and sometimes a little honey.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my favorite. is get chicken w/ skin. and marinate in italian dressing. And while your bbqing baste with the italian dressing. and the last 10 minutes add bbq sauce ! mmm
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    bump
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    bumping this!! wanna see some myself
  • AMS430
    AMS430 Posts: 4
    Options
    Half pinapple juice/half soy sauce, and about a tablespoon of minced garlic, marinate at least an hour in the refridgerator, (I use the juice out of a can of pinapple rings) then I grill the chicken breasts and at the last few minutes grill the pinapple slices and put on top
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I make a 'caesar' marinade when I do chicken caesar salads.

Creamy Caesar dressing (fat free should work)
    Lemon juice
    Italian seasoning (or rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano)
    Garlic powder (optional)
    Salt and pepper if needed

Thin out the dressing with lemon juice to a more liquid consistency. Add herbs, garlic powder, salt, & pepper to taste. Due to the lemon juice, you will probably only want to marinate for 15-20 minutes to avoid 'cooking' the meat with the citric acid.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Grillmmates and weber have a variety of different dry rubs and marinades for seafood, chicken, beef and pork... They each contain additional variations...
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    my favorite. is get chicken w/ skin. and marinate in italian dressing. And while your bbqing baste with the italian dressing. and the last 10 minutes add bbq sauce ! mmm

I do something close - Italian dressing and soy sauce. Awesome on pork chops too!