Hello! I'm at 8 Pounds in 2 weeks.

Options
Hi all. My name is Brandon. I began my weight loss journey nearly 2 weeks ago. I am fortunate to work at a place where there is a very nice on site gym and have made use of its facilities. I have been doing daily workouts of about 40-50 minutes.

The first week was very hard on my muscles. Once I adjusted though, I developed a routine. Now, I faithfully head to the gym at 5 o clock every morning. The hardest part is working out in front of all these "In Shape" people. I keep telling myself that I am not doing it for their approval but for my health.

As for food, I am sticking to a low carb (about 50g per day) diet with high protein. So far, it is working wonders and I have more energy than ever before. Working out makes such a difference in my day. I feel relaxed yet energized throughout the work day and at night, my insomnia has all but disappeared.

Anyhow, I am currently 232 pounds (I began at nearly 240) and am shooting for 170. I took a BMI indicator and it said I should go for 150. I don't think that is a healthy weight for my body type but we will see as I get closer to 170. If I still have fat to spare then I'll keep losing.

I am working diligently to lose this weight because I want to look great for my wife. I love her and think she deserves the best I can offer.

Oh and this is my first post so...HI!

Replies

• genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Hey I have been doing this for a little over two weeks and I have also lost about 8 lbs. so congrats and keep up the good work!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been at it almost 2 weeks and have lost 8 lbs too. Sounds like you have a good plan going for you. Your wife is lucky that you want to give her your best. My husband and I are doing this diet together. It is so much easier when you have the support of your significant other. Best of luck.
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello and Great work. Keep doing what your doing.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Congrats on 8 lbs lost ... It is AWESOME that your job has a workout facility for you to use! Keep up the good work!!!

Stick with what YOU think is a healthy weight. The BMI calculator doesnt really go by "muscle gain" just what it thinks is a good weight to height ratio. For ME it is accurate but for some it is not. So just create your own goal and reach it! :smile:
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Nice to meet you. I have been back on this program since last Sunday and have lost almost 8 pounds. I love it here and am looking for friends if any wish to friend me.
    Good luck to you all!
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 8 lbs loss! This is my 2nd week using mfp and so far I love it! Keep up the good work. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds guys and (mostly) gals. Where are all the dudes around here? Surely women aren't the only ones seeking a healthy lifestyle.