How to get back on track

Options
I don't know about you all but I do so well and love working out and then have 1 bad day that either can turn in to a week worths of bad days or I get back on track. How do you get back on track once you've fallen off. I usually do so well for a month and then i fall off for a week and then get back on track again but I don't want to keep falling off. Any ideas of staying on track all the time? I have about 30 lbs to loose and I'll never get there if I keep doing what I am doing.

Replies

• Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm no weight professional (I'm just starting) but I have found that the key is surrounding yourself with the right food and right minded people. If you hang out with friends that go out to eat alot or have a fridge stuffed with bad food, temptation is too close.

I went out and spent the painful money to fill my house with healthy foods. Now I don't have much choice but to eat healthy even when I don't want to.

Get yourself into the habit of healthy eating and daily activity. We humans are creatures of habit.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I try to view it as not falling off. Viewing as falling off makes me feel like I failed somehow.
    Just like in eating where you can have a cheat meal, you can have a cheat day off.

Also, if you are having a bad day imagine how much better it would be if you went running/biking/walking
    afterwards. I know it generally makes me feel like my day is better if i can fit something in.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I had that same problem. it led to a lot of yo-yoing over the years. I have since changed my focus to one choice at a time. If I really think through each choice I have everyday, even if I fail to make the right one, I refuse to let that one choice lead to 10 bad ones.

just thinking about this differently has really helped me. Good luck!!