Hello, I'm new here!

Options
Hi all,

I just joined a couple of days ago. Having an app to follow my daily calories was a suggestion of my doctor. I see her again in 1 month, so I feel fairly motivated to show her good results! I am also personally motivated, since my 50th birthday is next month... losing weight and getting healthy is probably the best gift I can give myself. Hopefully it's a gift that should last a good long time!

Replies

• Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new too. Keep up the good work.
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me if you would like....I am getting active on MyFitnessPal again after taking a little break, so looking for more friends to motivate. There are some great discussions on here about everything and it's generally just a great place to stay motivated! Good luck with everything!
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! any of y'all new folks, feel free to add me, if you like :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What an awesome mindset - that's 1/2 the battle!! And you've come to the right place ~ WELCOME!!! Friend me if you'd like!
  • cncarr123
    Options
    First time here but NOT first time "dieting". I've tried to lose weight over and over again AND have been successful OFF and ON however, it's time now to make a "life-time" change as now I'm older, with 2 granddaughters, and so much more to see and do and so I MUST LIVE! I know that the weight I carry could play a signigicant part in cutting my life short and I'm just NOT ready to die. I've already in recent years acquired diabetes and hypertension as well as problems with bone density. Anyway, I've got to lose weight and get healthy if I want to live a while longer. Like I said I've been on this "lose weight" wagong before BUT this time I'm serious. I really want to lose weight and that is why I have joined this group. I believe my joining this group it will help keep me motivated and I will have "friends" tha are trying to lose weight as I am. I'm hoping that from this group I will get support and encouragement. I'm sooo exciting I'm starting today.