Calorie question

Options
themetra
themetra Posts: 174 Member
How do I figure out the calories of a home made meal? So far I have kept it simple, like 1 hard boiled egg, 1 tomato, 2 tbs dressing and so on. Now I am about to make stuffed peppers and have no idea how to do this. I assume I need to figure out the calories for each ingredient? And then if i make four servings, quarter it? Help please....

93282.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    Sparkpeople.com has a great recipe calculator, just be careful and check add ball items for calories on labels and such before you plug them in so you know you are adding the right thing.
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    I am entering my home made food individually. Enter size-amount to You best of Your knowledge. I hope that help. Besides that make sure You drink 8-8oz a least, that will help a lot.
    - take a measurement for example, I did neck, chest (sternum- under my bra wires),waist, hips. You my not see a weight go down, how You wanted, but the inches will be. Good luck.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I make a lot of homemade meals (family of 6 to feed). What I do is just add up the calories/fat/carbs/protein of all ingredients and divide it by the number of servings. And I try to be sure the serving sizes are equal portions. This can be quite tedious, but it makes me feel better knowing. I also don't think it's the most accurate way of determining the numbers, but I think it's pretty close.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers! I def drink 8, 8oz glasses, I tend to drink more like 2-3 gallons, at least one gallonalone at the gym! I swear most of my cardio comes from running back and forth to the bathroom!! lol