I need to vent so I don't snack!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• leeann0517
    leeann0517 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My parents are my childcare and are with them everyday so I don't like to ask too much from them. My son is very particular and has only ever stayed with our neighbors and one of our old neighbors a handful of times and I don't like imposing on people.

My hubby is great and I don't feel like it's relying on him for childcare. He's their father and part of the family. It's just that his work sometimes gets in the way and I start feeling neglected in what I want to do. I'm just jealous of his freedom and my lack of it and I wanted to vent vs eat!!!

Thanks all!!! Means a lot to me that you even read through this!!!

hiring a babysitter and paying them is not imposing on people. you're trading money for a service. you need to get your son used to someone else as a caretaker. How do you and your husband go out without using a paid sitter?
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was actually in this situation when my kids were younger and my husband had the balls to say one day that he earned the money and what I did was not actually a paying job. Then proceeded to ask me what I did all day.

I remember saying something nearly the same to my wife in 2001 when she wasn't working and never had energy for anything. That same year in November, the day before Thanksgiving I was laid off.

Although unemployment and DSHS helped pick up the slack it wasn't enough which resulted in switching roles. (She worked and I was now Mr. Mom) For 2 years I looked for work and did ALL the household management, ALL OF IT! After 2 years of being Mr. Mom (I went through EVERYTHING Micheal Keaton did in the movie.... EVERYTHING) I had and still keep a very humble appreciation for stay at home Moms.