Ease into 5k... Just learning how to run

Options
I've never been much of a runner but a month or so ago I started using the ease into 5k app on my phone. I've slowly but surely been making my way through it. Today I started week three and REALLY struggled. I was hoping there is anyone else out there doing the same thing, or that has already been through it that has any tips or possibly share stories about how they pushed through it.

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that program but I have started running again on multiple occasions. The first few weeks are hard as your body adjusts. I don't think there is really any way to make them easier. You just need to keep in mind that it will get easier. You have to push through the hard parts and then one day you will find yourself running non-stop and soon after that running non-stop easily.
  • lola8403
    lola8403 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been so worried that it just won't get any better and that it will always be this tough! I'm looking forward to being able to say i'm a runner though!
  • RhodyREX
    RhodyREX Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm starting this program this weekend. Have you had any success with it?
  • lmarquez113
    Options
    I just downloaded the app on my phone as well and will be starting this weekend! GL!!