What do you do when you're sick?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I did take my kids outside and walked around with my son and I think I'll use my hand weights to do some arm excercises that way I at least get something in.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have found in the past if I totally pass on exercise because I am sick it will derail me. Finally I have been at this long enough that I can get sick and take a few days off without losing my momentum! I would do it unless you have congestion in your lungs or have nausea!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick, I whine. And try to sleep a bunch. And whine some more. And lay about in a medicated haze (decongestants do me in). If I'm well enough to do much more, I'm not "sick," just a little under the weather, and then everything's possible, just more slowly.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i had a stomach illness the other day. got 20 minutes of my cardio done, felt worse during the day, and came home and slept for 20 hours.

hated to miss the rest of the day's cardio, but it just wasn't happening. dinner didn't happen that day, either, so i am not beating myself up too much.

when you're sick and can't exercise, don't.

rest instead.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you got it from your husband, be careful.. it might be the Man Cold! They're much worse than an ordinary cold. Make him sing "Soft Kitty" for you. :smile:

That said... If you don't feel up to it, don't push yourself. It's not a race. When you do feel up for it, go for it.

I like this answer. Take a few days off; eat as nutritiously as you can, and rest. Don't sweat it.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    If you got it from your husband, be careful.. it might be the Man Cold! They're much worse than an ordinary cold. Make him sing "Soft Kitty" for you. :smile:

That said... If you don't feel up to it, don't push yourself. It's not a race. When you do feel up for it, go for it.

Now it's stuck in my head. I will be singing "Soft Kitty" all night now..thanks.

I had a cold/flu/thing last week and just gave it to my boyfriend... he asked me to sing him "Soft Kitty" last night. haha.