chalean?

Options
I was looking into getting the chalean extreame program but dont know much about it other than its very pricey. I was just wondering who has had good results with it. also do you have to have weights for it or can you use the bands or something?

Replies

• chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    anyone?

I have the regular turbo jam w/ chalene... are you currently doing that one? I have heard positive feedback from the extreme. There's a woman doing it and she said that her results from it are great but you have to be dedicated to the weight lifting part which is 3x a week. I've been doing the regular turbo jam for 2 weeks and love it, seeing results already!

Good luck with your search! :flowerforyou:
  • chicaloca6470
    Options
    no i dont have any of them, i havent heard of the turbo jam yet. so im assuing you have to use regualr wieght and not resistant band. for turbo jam do you need weights as well
  • msgreene915
    Options
    hey,
    i've never posted before but when i saw your post i just had to. i've been doing chalean extreme for the past 3 months and have had great results. i've lost inches allover and about 16 lbs. my body is alot more toned and my pre pregnancy clothes fit me big.

its basically a 90 day program broken into 3 sections.
    the first month (burn month) is really just learning the moves and building up your strength.
    the second month (push month) is where you lift HEAVY weights to build muscle.
    the last month (lean month) is where you see the most results. your body has so much muscle in it that your body just burns fat like crazy.
    theres also 2 cardio workouts and 2 ab workouts that get mixed into the schedule.

you dont build huge muscles like a guy would, you just tone up and lean out. you must follow the diet in order to get results though.

i was scared at first, because lifting heavy weights usually leads to "manly" muscles, but i just followed what she said and it was so worth it.

you should totally go for it.
    get it and if you dont like it you can always return it for your money back.

beachbody.com

oh yea, you can use resistance bands.
    you might even get better results with the bands than with free weights.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have Chalene's Turbo Jam series and I love it! I want to move on to Chalean Extreme as soon as I can afford the program. Actually, I'm saving for good sturdy weights, but I've read that the bands are absolutely appropriate. I think you should totally check it out!
  • chicaloca6470
    Options
    well thanx for the info on that!!:) i just dont know about the whole follow a certain diet to the 'T". I beleive in the whole you can eat alot of things but in portion control. thats the only thing that gets me away from alot of things because they want you to follow a specific diet plan. ill still consider it though
  • tracylwilliams
    Options
    Hey! Just wanted to chime in. ChaLean Extreme is awesome!! I love it! I have done lots of the Beachbody workouts and so far this is my favorite. Yes, you can use bands or weights either one. I would love to help you figure out which one is best. Yes, there is a specific eating plan, but it's all about teaching you how you should eat long term. It's not about depriving yourself. Once you train your body to eat a certain way, you can have the little cheats occasionally, but you find that you don't really want them any more. You realize how much better you feel eating healthy. I have been doing the Beachbody programs for over a year now--since just after my third baby was born. I am smaller than I was in high school and feel better than ever. I highly recommend them. www.hyperlifefitness.com.
  • chicaloca6470
    Options
    thank you as well for the info i appreciate it! I really think im gonna get the program and see how the diet is. im really picky so we will see how that works out
  • tracylwilliams
    Options
    Just fyi, my best friend just won $1000 in the Million Dollar Body transformation contest for losing with ChaLean Extreme. It definitely works if you stick to the program!!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Love this program :) It rocks !!! I'm finished with it in 2 weeks and then moving onto p90x.. you can see my before/after photos in my profile or at
    www.teambeachbody.com/fitfarmgirl

You will never Look back if you go with that program or any other.. they all rock ;)
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    no i dont have any of them, i havent heard of the turbo jam yet. so im assuing you have to use regualr wieght and not resistant band. for turbo jam do you need weights as well

I use a set of 3 pound weights for one of the exercise segments... the other 4 segments you don't need anything... not sure about weight bands??? I'm all about portion control as well, rather than following a diet to the T. I'm more likely to fail if I don't eat a little of the foods I love!

Not sure if Chalene Extreme would be too intense for you if you haven't done her regular workouts. The reg. ones are pretty intense also so you might want to build up to the extreme? :flowerforyou: