NSV at the movie theater!

Options
13»

Replies

• AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV! I met with one of my friends from high school today and we were both talking about what hermits we had become because we didn't want to deal with our weight issues! You tend to have to confront them when you are out in publc - Your trip to the movies is just one more kick in my rear to go out and live again! THANK YOU!
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That must have felt great!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job, JenMarie.
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nsv

Non Scale Victory: a dieting and weight loss term for noticing your weight loss success off the scale.
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV! I met with one of my friends from high school today and we were both talking about what hermits we had become because we didn't want to deal with our weight issues! You tend to have to confront them when you are out in publc - Your trip to the movies is just one more kick in my rear to go out and live again! THANK YOU!

Thanks! Before I lost this weight, I never wanted to go out and public if I didn't have to. I know I am still big but not AS big.... I'm starting to feel more like a "normal" person, I guess you could say. Before, I would never take my kids for walks around the neighborhood or to the pool or anything like that because I was so embarrassed of my weight and I was always worried that someone would make a rude remark in front of my husband and kids and I would be mortified. I would have my husband or my mom go with my oldest son to all of his school functions because I was just too self-conscious and embarrassed of myself.... and now I am finally starting to come out of that and it is awesome! I am finally going out in public and doing things with my family and not even worrying about what other people may or may not be thinking about me! And I can't wait until the pools open this summer 'cause we ARE going this year! lol
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the little things that folks without such weight issues take for granted. I used to FEAR movie seats, plane seats, and even booths at restaurants. I was 310 at my peak and now even at 215, I STILL get worried when they start to seat my group in a booth. It just doesn't go away. How awesome for you not to have that same worry any longer! Enjoy the movies now and keep up the great work!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you. :)
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job, JenMarie.
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nsv

Non Scale Victory: a dieting and weight loss term for noticing your weight loss success off the scale.

Thanks!!!!
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Great job! I used to fear flying because I could barely fit in the seat let alone buckle the seat belt. But flew last week and had no problems. It's little things like that that make me realize it's really worth it. No embarrassment!
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV!!! I just posted about one on my profile ... I cannot keep my undies up!!! It made me laugh so hard! :-) Gotta love those NSVs... they keep us going when the scale is not going anywhere (mumble, mumble ... damn stupid scale ... mumble).
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    It's amazing the little things that folks without such weight issues take for granted. I used to FEAR movie seats, plane seats, and even booths at restaurants. I was 310 at my peak and now even at 215, I STILL get worried when they start to seat my group in a booth. It just doesn't go away. How awesome for you not to have that same worry any longer! Enjoy the movies now and keep up the great work!

Thank you! I was (and still am sometimes) exactly the same way! Isn't it ridiculous the amount of anxiety you can have just thinking about seating arrangements? lol. I am good on the movie seats now but I still haven't tried a booth at a restaurant since I've lost weight... but I'm sure it would be much more comfortable now! I have always been able to FIT but it was very tight! Actually, when I was bigger I would always request a table instead of a booth when going to a restaurant and that is embarrassing in itself.... having to ask NOT to be seated in a booth = /
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    What an awesome NSV!!! I just posted about one on my profile ... I cannot keep my undies up!!! It made me laugh so hard! :-) Gotta love those NSVs... they keep us going when the scale is not going anywhere (mumble, mumble ... damn stupid scale ... mumble).

LOL! I know what you mean! I had to go buy all new underwear a few months ago and get rid of my old ones because they got so big and baggy it was ridiculous. Then, the other day I got out all of my summer clothes from last year and all of my capri pants are huge on me... they won't stay up. So I'm gonna have to go buy new ones. But that's okay... definitely not complaining. lol
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    wow way to go you should be so proud of yourself!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    wow way to go you should be so proud of yourself!

Thanks! So should you! You have lost more than me! lol
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Before I lost this weight, I never wanted to go out and public if I didn't have to. I know I am still big but not AS big.... I'm starting to feel more like a "normal" person, I guess you could say. Before, I would never take my kids for walks around the neighborhood or to the pool or anything like that because I was so embarrassed of my weight and I was always worried that someone would make a rude remark in front of my husband and kids and I would be mortified. I would have my husband or my mom go with my oldest son to all of his school functions because I was just too self-conscious and embarrassed of myself.... and now I am finally starting to come out of that and it is awesome! I am finally going out in public and doing things with my family and not even worrying about what other people may or may not be thinking about me! And I can't wait until the pools open this summer 'cause we ARE going this year! lol

^^^ THIS is an even better NSV! Your family is getting YOU back!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options

^^^ THIS is an even better NSV! Your family is getting YOU back!

That is true! I never even thought of it that way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!