When will my tummy shrink with my legs???

Options
2»

Replies

• simplyAmanda89
    simplyAmanda89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump* I have the same issue, legs getting toned, nada in the belly region
  • Mszebra151
    Mszebra151 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of Cardio, Lots of Water and Really watching the fat and calories that you eat. And I would suggest Core Exercises, that has helped me a LOT. I've been doing the INSANITY program, but its pretty intense, and not for everyone. If you are up for an intense exercise program, its a 60 day program and you will DEFINITELY see a difference. Just keep doing what your doing and eventually you will see your midsection shrink. Good work!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. Oh how I wish you could. They weight will come off when it does. I carry most of my weight in my belly too. My prob is my waist likes to shrink at a higher pace than my belly or at least it feels like tht. My waist is a 29.5 while my belly is a wopping 37.5. It's annoying, I look preggers. But just keep on working & it will all come off. :)
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    A good diet is generally more effective than only working out. Focus on eating right, and the working out will come more naturally. Also, drink lots of water.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem!!!! UGH. Oh fat...
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    ugh- I have the SAME problem! I swear all 14 lbs came off of my legs!! :laugh:

The first 11# came off my wrists.. LOL. The only place I could tell i was shirking.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Don't listen to anything Dr. Oz says.

Step 2: Keep losing body fat.

That's about it. You have to keep losing over all body fat and, sooner or later, the belly will shrink. I am in the same boat as you OP, so I feel ya! Sadly, you can't spot reduce. Doing ab exercises will strengthen the muscle, but as long as the fat is still there, it won't really show.

That said, I do find that core exercises have helped my posture which has helped with the overall look. When my posture is better, the stomach LOOKS smaller which is a good start!
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options

If you don't like Dr. Oz, that's your opinion, but some people do like him.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options

He promotes lies and fake supplements. He will sell anything that the makers will give him money for. It is very dangerous to listen to Dr. Oz without additional information. Heck, he has had stuff on his show that has had NO scientific studies that shows it works or is safe for humans! Yet he wants you to take that snake oil that costs $$$... why? Because he gets paid to tell you to.
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. I am built like an apple on stilts. haha I am 6'2 and 3 1/2 feet of that is all leg. My legs have never been heavy but they are just getting skinnier...unfortunately my apple belly is still an apple. It's all coming of in my legs, arms and chest. Oh goodie. I can't complain though... its coming off quickly and I am able to do so much more and have more energy than I have in a long, long time! :) Hang in there!!!
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options

He promotes lies and fake supplements. He will sell anything that the makers will give him money for. It is very dangerous to listen to Dr. Oz without additional information. Heck, he has had stuff on his show that has had NO scientific studies that shows it works or is safe for humans! Yet he wants you to take that snake oil that costs $$$... why? Because he gets paid to tell you to.

I never said I liked him, I am just saying, that there are some people out there that do.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i don't mean to sound mean, but buy pants that fit your body shape that look nice, and not the ones you prefer if they don't fit. just keep doing what you're doing, fat leaves the body the way it wants to.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a similar problem, I have lost around 10lb so far and all of it seems to be from my bust (which was already pretty small), and not my stupidly fat stomach. Bummer, but I'm just trying to be patient and focus on reducing my body fat percentage, and eventually it will start to go down I hope, but like me, it is very stubborn. I WILL eventually DEFEAT IT. GGhhrr.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    time and persistence. have you heard the old saying -"six packs are made in the kitchen" ?? it's true ;)
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Walking is good for belly fat. Stress is bad for belly fat. You can't "spot reduce" but you can do things that burn more fat like circuit training. My belly is big but the rest of me isn't as big. I went to the doctor and she told me to keep working out but walk every day.