I am thinking of caving

Options
I have been careened free for like a week or more and I am craving a diet pop big time how bad would it be to have one with dinner I have horrible withdrawals and I just going to start the cycle of madness again? Lol I am so cranky too my poor husband!

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm having a regular pop right now! Dr. Pepper to be specific.

I've found if I don't deny myself things I enjoy (while maintaining my nutritional needs, of course) I stay a bit more sane.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It won't kill you, but why cave and send yourself back into "horrible withdrawals and madness"? I say this as someone who gave it up a month ago and it's the longest I've gone without one in 20 years. So I know where you are coming from!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have horrible withdrawals and I just going to start the cycle of madness again?

... what if you just quit cigarettes? would you cave?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of anything in moderation. If you want one, have one.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh. Not about spelunking. Never mind.

P.S. If you feel such a sense of accomplishment by not drinking it, and you went through withdrawal and everything, maybe you should not do the thing that is going to make you feel bad. I don't think drinking pop is an issue, but if is for you, then you should avoid it.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    I have to let my self cave every once in a while or I end up binging but you are the only one who truly knows the effects of what happens when you cave. How do you think it would make you feel afterwards??
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of anything in moderation. If you want one, have one.

Agreed!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am caving to a couple of slices of cheese pizza tonight.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. It hasn't been long enough since you stopped for you to be at less risk of resuming the habit on a regular basis.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have been careened free for like a week or more and I am craving a diet pop big time how bad would it be to have one with dinner I have horrible withdrawals and I just going to start the cycle of madness again? Lol I am so cranky too my poor husband!
    Since it sounds like you are seeking support in having a diet soda, I say have a diet soda!

Or were you hoping to be talked out of it? Don't have that soda!

Be sure to follow up and let us know what happens. Also, glad to see you have cut down on the careening. You can get hurt that way.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you take a lot of rope, a good flash light and extra batteries....wait....different kind of caving. Don't cave, just allow yourself a little break and go on your way. You don't have to be perfect, just better than you were yesterday.
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What's careened? I'd try still avoid, the crankiness will pass. It could be hormonal, not at all to do with your withdrawals? I can of course be way off, feel free to correct me!
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cave in. I never thought I could go a day without Coca-Cola, and here I am 4 weeks without a single drop. It can be done! The first week or two is the hardest, but after that...you don't even crave it!
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Since it sounds like you are seeking support in having a diet soda, I say have a diet soda!

Or were you hoping to be talked out of it? Don't have that soda!

Be sure to follow up and let us know what happens. Also, glad to see you have cut down on the careening. You can get hurt that way.

Lol sorry i am on my iPad it corrects the weirdest words!
  • Mommapea2012
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I am opting for water and lemon however I stashed the pop incase of a crazy day :) have a great evening!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Having one won't hurt. Just make sure to only have it in moderation, and you will be fine. :)
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    my advice to myself concerning weight loss...stay away from anything you have no self-control over. Oddly, I've found that the things I had no self-control over don't appeal to me anymore. I'm sorta kinda angry at them. I would be angry at me for abusing them, but I'm too tired from exercising..lol
  • Mommapea2012
    Options
    Thanks holly berry I am to cranky maybe I should get mad lol