how does this work?

Options
So I am tracking my exercises and my calories, My calories for the day is suppose to be 1200. I punch in all the food I eat and I usually log in about 1300 calories of food. So that's 100 calories over what it says I should be eating. Now then I punch the calories I burned for the day which changes from day to day and it is usually about 200-400 calories.

So I guess my question is, since I eat about 1300 calories a day when I should be 1200, am I okay since I burn more and technically still fall under 1200 since I burn those extra calories? Or do I need to replace those calories to make sure I am at 1200 calories consumed?

Like right now my app reads:

Goal: 1200 Food: 1486 Exercise: 539 Net: 947 Remaining: 253

So do I need to eat those 253 calories that are remaining? I know this is all over the place but I just want to make sure I am doing all of this correctly. Also do you think I need to lower (stick to 1200cals a day) my calorie intake since I am way over the calories I need to eat to lose that one pound a week.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I personally do not normally eat my exercise calories, but you are going to get many different answers. I am at 1200 calories and I have no problem staying at that level even on the days I do a lot of exercise. In fact, those days are the days I want food the least!