Eggs and Cholesterol

Options
I'm sure that this has been mentioned at one point or another, but I just need some quick tips.
I'm doing low carb for 2 days, regular carb for 5 days in order to try and break a plateau. (Seems to be working).

So, on low carb days I have been eating 2 eggs in the morning and then a hard boiled egg as a snack. This brings me wayyy over my cholesterol. I've heard that eggs are good cholesterol, and I am trying not to have eggs on the 5 days on regular carbs in order not to be unhealthy.

Suggestions? Information?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've heard that eating too many eggs can raise your cholesterol - how many can I eat?

For most people there is currently no limit on the number of eggs that you can eat in a week. However, because the recommendation has changed over the years, it's often a common source of confusion.

In the past a restriction on eggs was recommended because we thought that foods high in cholesterol (including liver, kidneys and shellfish, as well as eggs) could have an impact on cholesterol levels in the body.

However, as research in this area has developed, so has our understanding of how foods that contain cholesterol affect people’s heart health.

For most people, the amount of saturated fat they eat has much more of an impact on their cholesterol than eating foods that contain cholesterol, like eggs and shellfish. So unless you have been advised otherwise by your doctor or dietician, if you like eggs, they can be included as part of a balanced and varied diet.
    http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/conditions/high-cholesterol.aspx
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on serum cholesterol in the vast majority of people. What ever you don't eat your liver will make. Work on exercise and don't worry about or even bother measureing dietary cholesterol. Exercise increases hdl cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Eggs are an aswesome source of incredibly dense nutrition. Recent reseach indicates little to no reason to limit their intake. Is high cholesterol generally a health issue for you?