I want to lose 100lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys for all the kind words and motivation. I will try to make foods on my own and look up recipes and stuff. I LOVE SALSA!! and I will eat the veggies in there however, i do not know what to have salsa with considering I usually do it with chips but since I can't have any, I now have no idea... I do not like lifting, however, I will try it. I want to do something like an ab cruncher... I just don't know if I have it in my gym :sad: I will have to look.

Salsa can work with a lot of things. I've put it on baked potatoes, and mixed it up with some rice and cut up chicken...yum!

About veggies...I used to dislike them, too. What I noticed happening though was that as I tried to cut processed foods down (not out, for me, but down), my appreciation for them went up. Having, say, fresh green beans from a farmers market, prepared so that they're still a bit crisp, is a revelation when you're used to mushy, salty canned ones. :) With the weather warming up, you might want to try hitting a local farmers market, finding something interesting, look up different ways to prepare it, and give it a try. I'm not suggesting you force yourself to eat stuff you can't stand, that is self-defeating and not worth the effort. But don't be afraid to explore a little (I've found that often I think I don't like a certain veggie only to find that it's the way I've always had it prepared that turned me off more than anything), challenge yourself now and then. You may surprise yourself and find a whole new world of good healthy options opening up for you. :) And if you don't, no harm done. :)
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SALSA!! and I will eat the veggies in there however, i do not know what to have salsa with considering I usually do it with chips but since I can't have any, I now have no idea

Chips merely dilute the salsa goodness. I eat it with a spoon and consider it "gazpacho." :wink:

....I like the way you think. :happy:
  • desireedare
    Options
    Hi! First off I think that it is AMAZING that you set such a high goal for yourself and you'd be silly to change it. However, in order to reach that goal you will have to eat and do things you dont like (like vegetables and lifting, haha). Vegetables are full of carbohydrates that you need to fuel your mucles and body. Weight lifting will give you a slim, toned look, and also help you burn calories. Cardio only for long periods of time may lead to a platau and that's when people begin to become discouraged. Please feel free to check out my blog, i post pictures, motivation, recipes, my workouts, and my diet on there! idesireedareyou.wordpress.com !!!