New to MFP...working on a big weight loss

Options
Hi!
I have been on MFP for a couple weeks now, but finally decided to post. I am working on a HUGE weight loss, want to be down a total of 135 LBS, as of my weigh in day ( Monday) I am down 34 LBS. I finally got serious about the diet my doctor recommended.
A month and a half ago I started slowly working out in earnest, daily, 20 minutes on the elliptical/or bike ride weather permitting, working on level 2 of the 30 day shred right now, and some yoga ( Thinking about doing some Hot Yoga classes here soon)
I am feeling so much better already! I am wanting to get healthy, stay healthy and get back to barrel racing my horses! Anyone else working on a big weight loss?
Any good excercises for helping to get rid of the belly fat?

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You'll find lots of people with a long road to travel. I'm one of 'em. Welcome to the boards!

Congrats on your progress so far and for getting that exercise in!

Feel free to add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • sabram2147
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! If you're looking for friends, feel free to add me!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I'm working on losing 30 lbs... it's been a challenge, cause the scale don't like me too much! lol!!!! feel free to add me too!
  • Traceymbelle
    Traceymbelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm another in for the long haul! I need to lose about 140lbs -150lbs. At the moment I have lost 39lbs, I too have just taken to regular exercise, I'm on my 2nd month using the gym, I got measured after one month and discovered I had lost 12% fat in 4 weeks, combining diet and working out. As well as the fat loss I was smaller by 12 inches and my BMI had dropped by 2. This is all very encouraging seeing such positive results.
    Maybe we three should keep in touch and encourage each other and keep up on each others progress.

Well done on your losses up to now, long may it continue!
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    you sound like me! We have some big goals ahead of us but we can do it I know we can!
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement ! There are days where the scale doesn't like me very much either and days that I love it LOL :) I would love to get to know people to commiserate and congratulate with!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I dropped 80 lbs with Weight Watchers help. Then went off of it. Gained 20 back... and now I am here with the goal to lose about 50. :)
  • candoit14
    candoit14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are all doing great! Congrats. I just started. I am glad to of found this site. It is very easy. I have allot to lose as well. So far 6 pounds but it's not a week as yet. I must start the exercise part. I am going away do hope to get slot of swimming in. I have a problem getting all my calories in. I am looking for some help of those that have doing this awhile. I don't eat dimple sugars and eat Whole grain foods. Trying to pick all healthy options. But I never have enough protein or sugar. Everything has plenty of numbers left as well as calories. I know it's important to eat your calories. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I look forward to being part of the group
  • Leeska
    Leeska Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there. I have about 90 lbs to lose. I completely understand what it feels like to undertake a big goal so if you need a positive push one day, don't hesitate to reach out. I wish you all the best!
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a long stay here too with about 125 (+ I'll decide if I want to lose more when I get there).

your already off to a good start, and I wish you the best of luck.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat! 13 gone, 100 to go. Congratulations on your success so far! Please add me if you'd like. I'd love to have buddies to walk through this journey with.